Mission and Strategy
The Core Values are listed in alphabetical order. There is no ranking implied. Commitments following each value elaborate rather than define the values.
- A commitment to build a diverse, collaborative, open and student-centered community that
holds itself and its members accountable to learn, serve, work and grow together in
- A commitment to share the responsibility of governance and to create transparency and
accountability in our decision-making.
- Commitments to celebrate, embrace, value, and learn from the voices, perspectives and
experiences of all our community members.
- A commitment to ensure that the University offers its students, faculty and staff of diverse
backgrounds opportunities that are accessible and fair to all constituents.
- A commitment to seek and respect diverse points of view in the academic arena.
- A commitment to excellence in every academic and professional pursuit.
- A commitment to demonstrate the goodness of God by our actions on behalf of each person
and all creation.
- A commitment to value life as an ongoing spiritual journey of deepening relationship with
self, others and the Divine.
- A commitment to honor the sacredness and dignity of each person and the development of
the whole person through our collaborative practices.
- A commitment to match our actions and our words.
- A commitment to enhance the application of ethics, justice, and peace at the personal,
community and global levels.
- A commitment to innovative learning of what is necessary for life, both as a directed process
and as a lifelong practice.
- A commitment to the search for truth, knowledge and meaning.
- A commitment to keep alive the tradition of Catholic social teaching.
- A commitment to community-based learning and other forms of service.