The Office of Information Technology exists to support student learning and faculty and staff productivity. As a part of OIT, the Media Services AV Department strives to provide reliability for installed and deliverable AV equipment on campus.
|OIT AV Hours of Business
Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Saturday - Sunday: closed
Fulltime OIT staff are on duty during these hours.
Monday - Thursday: 6:00PM - 10:00PM
Saturday: 8:30AM - 4:00PM
After-hours support encompasses delivery, pickup and limited support of AV equipment. In an effort to provide extended hours of support, OIT utilizes NDNU student employees during after-hours support periods. During these times, and subject to their availability, OIT student assistants will handle AV deliveries, pickups, and limited support.
All classrooms in St. Mary's Hall, Gavin Hall, and Cuvilly Hall are equipped with:
- PC with Internet connection hooked-up to an InFocus video projector and speakers.
- Cable and switch-box for connecting laptop to video projector.
- DVD-VCR player connected either to TV or video projector.
- Mounted projection screen.
- Overhead transparency projector.
Equipment can also be requested for classes or campus events only. Only the Faculty and Staff are allowed to submit a request form and are also responsible for the security and functionality of the equipment. Requests must be given at least 72-hours prior to the event. Priority is given to the person that has first requested the equipment.
Equipment that can be requested are:
- Portable sound system (amp/speakers with stands)
- InFocus LCD projectors
- Windows XP-based laptop computers
- DVD-VCR players
- CD player
- Overhead transparency projectors