Math Placement Test
Please refer to the University Catalog to check if you need to take a math placement test. In general, if you are required to take a math course at NDNU, you will be asked to take the math placement test.
The test is administered on the computer and calculators are not allowed. The computerized test is adaptive and takes about 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on the student’s response. You will be tested on elementary algebra, then arithmetic and/or college level math, depending on the result of your previous test.
Please read the Math Placement Test Guide for more information about the test.
Online Study Resources
- ACCUPLACER Web-Based Study App: Note that NDNU uses the “Classic” version of the ACCUPLACER tests for Elementary Algebra, Arithmetic, and College Level Math. You may create a free account and then use the site for review. Be sure that you choose “Classic” once you log in. See more details at https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/student/practice.
- MPT Sample Questions: Link to the sample questions of the math test on accuplacer. org. Pages 8 – 14 contain 20 sample questions for each of three parts of the test.
- Beginning Algebra Review: Algebra review at Hood College
- Intermediate Algebra Practice: Copy and paste this link to Intermediate Algebra review
- Beginning Algebra Review Practices: List of topics in Math with the links to practices and review
- Beginning Algebra Practice Test: 40 questions with solutions
- Review of Basic Algebraic Concepts
- Beginning Algebra Lessons with Worksheets
- Basic Algebra Practice Tests
- Khan Academy video lessons covering topics from Arithmetic to Linear Algebra, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Differential and Integral Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, Differential Equations
- Review of Pre-Algebra, Beginning-College Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus I
For Further Information
- See the Math Placement Test Guide for information about the tests themselves.
- Math placement tests for new students are part of orientations. For dates and information on 2017 orientations, click here.
- If you have questions or if you are a continuing student who needs to schedule a placement test, contact MathPlacementSchedule@ndnu.edu.
- For questions about post-test advisement, math course recommendations, and placement test policies, contact MathCourseAdvice@ndnu.edu.