Math Placement Test
Please refer to the University Catalog to check if you need to take a math placement test. In general, if you are required to take a math course at NDNU, you will be asked to take the math placement test.
The test is administered on the computer and calculators are not allowed. The computerized test is adaptive and takes about 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on the student’s response. You will be tested on elementary algebra, then arithmetic and/or college level math, depending on the result of your previous test.
Please read the Math Placement Test Guide for more information about the test.
Summer Math Review Sessions
Review sessions are offered for incoming students during the summer. Sessions are scheduled in SM 203 on the following days and times:
Friday, June 10, 2016 10am – 12pm
Thursday, June 23, 2016 3pm – 5pm
Friday, July 15, 2016 10am – 12pm
Friday, August 19, 2016 10am – 12pm
Online Study Resources
- MPT Sample Questions: Link to the sample questions of the math test on accuplacer. org. Pages 8 – 14 contain 20 sample questions for each of three parts of the test.
- Beginning Algebra Review: Algebra review at Hood College
- Intermediate Algebra Practice: Copy and paste this link to Intermediate Algebra review
- Beginning Algebra Review Practices: List of topics in Math with the links to practices and review
- Beginning Algebra Practice Test: 40 questions with solutions
- Review of Basic Algebraic Concepts
- Beginning Algebra Lessons with Worksheets
- Basic Algebra Practice Tests
- Khan Academy video lessons covering topics from Arithmetic to Linear Algebra, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Differential and Integral Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, Differential Equations
- Review of Pre-Algebra, Beginning-College Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus I
- Review of Basic Algebra and Trigonometry