John Youssefi, Ph.D.
Program Director, Department of Computer and Information Science and Mathematics
Professor, Computer Science
- Ph.D., Computer Science. Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, 1989.
- Dissertation: “An Intermediate Language and Machine-independent Optimization Issues in Automatic Code Geeration for Vector Processors.”
- MS, Computer Science. Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 1982.
- Foundations of Computer Science
- Programming Laboratory
- Data Structure and Abstraction
- Advanced HTML and Scripting for the Web
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Programming Languages
- Computer Operating Systems and UNIX Utilities
- Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Web Programming I: Client Side
- Web Programming II: Server Side
- Database Management Systems
- Software Engineering
- Computer Network and Network Programming
- Senior Project
Research and Interests
- Web programming
- Software Engineering
- Parallel Processing
- Programming languages/Compilers
- Database and server site programming
- “On-line implementation of Inventory/Capital Management.” Ken Shakoori, John Youssefi. Applied Business Research Conference, March 2002.
- “Computer Assisted Dividend Target Adjustment Model.” Ken Shakoori, John Youssefi. To be submitted to a Computer/Business Conference.
- “Programming of Combinatorial Search Problems on Parallel Computers.” International Journal of Computers and Their Applications, August 1997.
- “A Course in Parallel Processing.” John A. Youssefi, Kay Zemoudeh. IEEE Transaction on Education, February 1997.
- “File Access Methods on Parallel Processing.” George Driver, John Youssefi. Eighth SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, Minneapolis, Minnesota, March 14-17, 1997.
- “Teaching the Internet: A Protocol for Interactive Learning.” Robert A. Allen, John Youssefi. Proc. ACM Southeast Regional Conference, Clemson, South Carolina, March 1995.
- “Human and Computer Resource Synchronization.” Robert A. Allen, John Youssefi. 5th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Orlando, Florida, August 1993.
- “Parallel Computational Problems.” Proc. 29th Annual ACM Conference, Auburn, Alabama, April 1991.
- “Introducing Parallel Computation Into the Curriculum.” Computational Science Conference, Pomona, California, November 1990.
- “An Intermediate Language for Vector Processor.” D.E. Stevenson, John Youssefi. Proc. 28th Annual ACM Conference, Greenville, South Carolina, December 1989.
- “An Overview of Parallel Languages for Vector/Array processor.” D.E. Stevenson, John Youssefi. Proc. ACM Southeast Regional Conference, Birmingham, Alabama, April 1987.