Lisa A. Simpson, Ed.D.
Professor, School of Education and Leadership
- Ed. D., Learning and Instruction. University of San Francisco, 2013.
- Concentration: Special Education
- M. Ed., Special Education. Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, 1985.
- Concentration: Emotionally Disturbed
- BS, Elementary Education and Special Education. Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, 1982.
- EDU 4234 Curriculum and Instruction Adaptations Mild/Moderate
- EDU 4237 Curriculum and Instruction Adaptations Moderate/Severe
- EDU 4207 Technology for Special Education
- EDU 4900 Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders
- EDU 4901 Advanced Strategies for Teaching Students with ASD
- EDU 4902 Behavior Management Strategies for Students with ASD
- EDU 4903 Autism Mentoring and Capstone Seminar
- Effect of a Classwide Peer-Mediated Intervention on the Social Interactions of Students with Low-Functioning Autism and the Perceptions of Typical Peers, 2013
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- State Secretary for the California State Council for Exceptional Children (CA-CEC)
- International Association of Special Education (IASE)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Simpson, L. & Oh, K. (2013). Circle time books: A tool to increase participation in the morning circle routine. Teaching Exceptional Children, 45(6), 30-36.
- Bui, Y., Cole, N., Hacke, W., Howland, M., Shrigley, N., Simpson, L., Witt, D. (2010). Respite Care for Children with Disabilities. Unpublished training manual for the Dzeleka Refugee Camp, Malawi, at the request of Jesuit Refugee Services.
- Simpson, R. L. & Souris, L. (1988). Reciprocity in the pupil-teacher interactions of autistic and mildly handicapped preschool children. Behavioral Disorders, 13 (3), 159-168.
- Souris, L. (1986). Tips for Practitioners. Focus on Autistic Behavior, 1, 8.
- Simpson, L., & Oh, K. (2013, July). Low Tech Assistive Technology to Increase Participation in Classroom Routines. Presentation at International Association of Special Education Biennial Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- Simpson, L. (2013, April). Examining the Perspective of Typical Students Using the Autism Peer Perception Survey. Poster Presentation CEC National Convention, San Antonio, TX.
- Boomgard, M., Wolf, J. & Simpson, L. (2013, February). Supporting Novice Special Educators’ Content Knowledge Through Professional Learning Networks. Presentation at University of San Francisco Research Symposium, San Francisco, CA.
- Simpson, L. (2013, January). Strategies for Teaching Students on the Autism Spectrum. Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment workshop. Campbell Union School District BTSA Consortium, Campbell, CA.
- Simpson, L. (2012, August). Intervention Central: A Look at RTI and Tier 2 Strategies. Professional Development Workshop Campbell Union School District, Campbell, CA.
- Simpson, L. (2012, August). I am Having a Good Day: Social Cognitive Strategies for Working with Students on the Autism Spectrum. Professional Development Workshop Campbell Union School District, Campbell, CA.
- Simpson, L. (2011, July). Effective Teaching Practices for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Presentation at International Association of Special Education Biennial Conference, Windhoek, Namibia.
- Simpson, L., Martin, R., & Spehar, M. (2011, February). Managing Behaviors that Impact Instruction. Presentation for District Leadership Team, Campbell Union School District, Campbell, CA.
- Simpson, L., & Martin, R. (2010, August). Classroom Strategies for Children With Challenging Behaviors. Professional Development Workshop, Campbell Union School District, Campbell, CA.
- Souris, L. (1987, February). Assessment of Autistic Preschoolers. Co-Presenter at Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders, Kansas City, MO.
- Souris, L. (1986-1987). Classroom Management for Autistic Preschoolers. Behavior Management for Emotionally Disturbed Preschoolers. Identification of Emotionally Disturbed Preschoolers. A series of teacher training workshops presented through Region VII Head Start at Head Start Centers in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota.