Melissa Book McAlexander, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Natural Sciences
- Ph.D., Molecular and Cellular Biology. Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2000.
- Advisor: Li-yuan Yu-Lee, Ph.D.
- Dissertation: Transcriptional Regulation of IRF-1 by Prolactin: The Role of STAT1, SP1, and Chromatin Remodeling
- BS, cum laude. Biology. Birmingham-Southern College, Birmingham, Alabama, 1994.
- Minors: Chemistry, Philosophy
- Contemporary Environmental Issues
- Contemporary Environmental Issues Laboratory
- Natural Sciences Seminar
- Microbiology Laboratory
- Immunology Laboratory
- Introductory Chemistry
- General Chemistry I
- General Chemistry II
- Science and Technology in Developing Countries
- Writing for the Sciences
- Introduction to Physical Science
- Introduction to Physical Science Laboratory
Research and Interests
- Developing local environmental projects in partnership with the City of Belmont Parks and Recreation Department that focus on characterization of open spaces using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)