Registration Confirmation Information
(Monday, August 30 and Tuesday, August 31 from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. in St. Mary's Hall)
- Maintaining Your Registration
- Reg Confirmation Processes
- Do I have to come to campus?
- Registration Confirmation Event
- How to Prepare
- Do I need to attend the Registration Confirmation Event?
Welcome to the NDNU Registration Confirmation page. Here you will find information that will help you to quickly negotiate the required steps to maintain registration in courses for which you have enrolled.
If you have not been admitted and want to register for classes, please call the Enrollment Office at (650) 508-3600 or view information for prospective students.
For general information about registration, go to the Registrar's page.
Students must comply with institutional policies about payment, health insurance, housing, and academic progress. Registration Confirmation processes are designed to ensure that students follow the policies that apply to them. Students who do not comply with NDNU policies will be dropped from classes.
To maintain your registration in courses:
- Full-time Undergraduates must make payment arrangements by Monday, August 16, 2010.
- Graduate, Evening Intensive, and Part-time Undergraduate students must make payment arrangements by Tuesday, September 7, 2010.
- Students registering on or after August 16, 2010 or September 7, payment or payment arrangement is due within five business days of registration.
- Print the Personal Information page from your Campus Portal account. Be sure that the term is set to Fall 2010. Look to see if you have any holds, such as Unauthorized Leaves, Candidacy, Transcripts, Graduate Admissions:
- Note that if you click on the holds shown on your Campus Portal Personal Information page, you will be taken to a page that describes what action you need to take.
- Pay your balance from Spring/Summer 2010 at the Business Office.
- File your FAFSA to be eligible for NDNU and federal financial aid:
- Must be done at least 3 days in advance for results to be available to NDNU.
- FAFSA PIN number (for Parent/PLUS loan, parent's PIN number also)
- Social Security Number;
- Driver's license number or California ID number.
- If you are a graduate student or evening/intensive undergraduate, file your NDNU Financial Aid Form.
- Enroll in NDNU Health Insurance or sign a waiver form. (NDNU requires that all Residents of Campus Housing, all International students, and all Student Athletes have accident and sickness insurance. Students in these categories must either enroll in the NDNU Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan or complete a signed waiver form and submit it to H&W Services prior to the first day of class. Students in these categories will be charged for insurance if they do not submit a waiver form. For waiver form or enrollment form, go to Health and Wellness.
- See your advisor and have him/her sign any necessary paperwork including:
- Registration form (if not already registered for Fall 2010).
- Add/Drop form (if you need to change your schedule)
- Unauthorized Leave form (if you are returning after an absence and did not take and official leave). Note that under some circumstances, if you have an unauthorized leave, your advisor may direct you to Admissions to reapply for admission to NDNU.
- Find your NDNU ID card from last year or term, if you are a continuing student.
- There will be a $5 charge to issue an ID to a returning student.
- To get a parking permit:
- Make, model, year, color, and license plate number of your vehicle.
- Note that there is a fee for parking permits.
- To pay:
- TMS account number (if you already have set up a Tuition Management Systems (TMS) payment plan)
- Credit card or checkbook
- Completed employer tuition reimbursement form (if applicable)
Registration Confirmation processes are those processes that you need to complete after you register to be sure that you have complied with NDNU policies. Here are the specific processes (and who they apply to):
- Get an NDNU ID - available at the Public Safety Office in St. Mary's Hall. (Required for campus residents and students on meal plans. Recommended for all. Show proof of registration.)
- Pay any past due balances at the Business Office. (Required of all.)
- Finalize any financial aid that you have applied for, including loans. (If you have not finalized the aid, it will not be applied against your bill, and you will need to include those amounts in your payment plan until the aid is finalized.)
- Make payment arrangements for Fall 2010.
Pay your balance at the Business Office or arrange to cover it with a TMS payment plan or arrange for employer tuition reimbursement. (Required of all. If you have an NDNU ID, you may receive a Fall 2010 validation sticker when payment arrangements are completed.)
- Get a parking permit.
- Check-in to housing. (Housing Check-in for returning students starts Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 10:00 am.)
The following processes currently can only be done on campus:
- Course registration (School of Business and School of Education students may register online. Please contact your advisor.)
- ID Cards
- Parking Permits
Other processes can be completed by e-mail, mail, phone, or fax.
When can I come to campus?
The University's business hours are as follows:
- Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 6:30pm
- Friday - 9:30am - 4:00pm
For all students who could not complete processes earlier, NDNU will hold a Registration Confirmation Event on August 20 and 31, 2010 from 9:00a.m. to 6:30p.m.. At this event, held in the St. Mary's Hall, students have the opportunity to do “one-stop shopping” for all of the Registration Confirmation processes. All core offices, including the Registrar’s Office, Health and Wellness, Student Financing, and the Business Office will be on hand to assist students in quickly taking care of their business. Additionally, students will be able to get their NDNU Student IDs and/or stickers to update their IDs and NDNU Parking Permits.
How can I tell if I have completed the Registration Confirmation processes?
Method 1: Sticker
When you make your payment arrangements, the Business Office will offer to put a Fall 2010 validation sticker on your NDNU ID card. That sticker signifies that you have completed the processes. Unless your status changes (e.g. you add courses that increase your bill), you are done.
Method 2: Web Account
As an NDNU student, you have a Campus Portal account. Log into your account (click here for instructions), go to your “Personal Information” page. On that page you will see information on any holds that may be on your account. Note that if you click on a hold, you will be directed to a page that explains the holds.
If you meet the following criteria, then you can be confident that you have completed the processes:
- You are registered for the courses you want for Fall 2010
- You do not have a business hold
- You are not shown as requiring health insurance
Will advising be available at the Registration Confirmation event?
Advisors for all programs will be available by appointment in their offices. Please contact the respective department in advance for appointments.
The Registration Confirmation Event is for your convenience. We encourage you to complete all processes before the event. If you have not been able to do so, please come to the Registration Confirmation Event and take care of your business there.