Institutional Review Board
Welcome to the NDNU Institutional Review Board (IRB) website. The NDNU IRB safeguards the rights and welfare of human research participants for research conducted in association with NDNU. To this end, the IRB is obligated and authorized to:
- Ensure that participants are adequately informed of the nature of the study;
- Ensure that participation is voluntary;
- Ensure that the benefits of a study outweigh its risks;
- Ensure that the risks and benefits of the study are evenly distributed among the possible participant populations; and
- Suspend human participant activity that violates regulations, policies, procedures, or an approved protocol, and report such violation and suspension to the provost of the university.
Members of IRB Committee, 2013-14
- College of Arts and Sciences Representatives: Isabelle Haithcox, Ph.D., Nusha Askari, Ph.D.; Amy K. Backos, Ph.D.; Heather Young, Ph.D.
- School of Education Representative: Kim Tolley, Ed.D.
- School of Business Representative: James Kelley, JD, Therese Martin, MA
- Institutional Representative: Zelda Brown, Ph.D.
- Community Member Representative: Judith Ott, MA
Dr. Kim Tolley, IRB Chair
IRB Administrative Associate Jan Howard
School of Education and Leadership