Emerging Artist Scholarship in Writing
Each fall, newly entering Notre Dame de Namur University undergraduates (freshmen and transfers) with exceptional talent in writing may be awarded an NDNU Emerging Artist Scholarship, valued up to $9,500 per year.
These scholarships are renewable each year as long as the recipient maintains NDNU academic eligibility, stays in the academic field of the scholarship and continues to develop his/her talent within the awarding department.
A successful candidate must have submitted the regular NDNU admission application documents by February 1 and completed all portfolio requirements.
Candidates for an Emerging Artist Scholarship in Writing may submit any genre of creative writing (poetry, drama, short story and essay) on any theme.
- Freshman applicants must have a minimum 3.0 academic GPA.
- Transfer students must have a minimum 3.0 in at least 30 transferable units.
- Talented writers of fiction and/or non-fiction may submit a portfolio of their work to the Notre Dame de Namur English Department. Portfolios should include a short biography and/or resumé as well as writing samples in poetry (up to 3 poems) or prose (up to 10 pages), including fiction, drama, journalism, and/or other genres. Scholarships are generally renewable up to four years.
- The deadline for submissions is February 1.
- Submissions should be made directly to the Chair of the English Department, Dr. Marc Wolterbeek, Notre Dame de Namur University, 1500 Ralston Avenue, Belmont, CA 94002. For further information contact Dr. Wolterbeek at (650) 508-3708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit the Emerging Artist Scholarship page.
Awards will be announced after March 1.