"I want to be a leader who can cause positive change in the lives of as many people as possible."
- Oumou Ly '13
OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
St. Mary's Hall 107
Tel: (800) 263-0545 or
Fax: (650) 508-3426
M-Th 9:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
F 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
California Dream Act
AB 130 allows students who meet AB 540 criteria (California Education Code 68130.5(a)) to apply for and receive non-state funded scholarships for public colleges and universities.
AB 131 allows students who meet AB 540 criteria to apply for and receive state-funded financial aid such as institutional grants, community college fee waivers, Cal Grant and Chafee Grant.
Who Can Apply
- Students who cannot file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and
- Students who attended at least three full years in a California public or private high school, and
- Students who graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent prior to the start of the college term, for example a High School Equivalency Certificate from the California GED Office or Certificate of Proficiency resulting from the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE), and
- Students who, if they are without lawful immigration status, have or will file an affidavit with the college or university they are attending stating that they have filed an application to legalize their immigration status, or will file an application as soon as they are eligible to do so. This affidavit is filed with the college they attend.
- California Dream Act Information
- Worksheet for the California Dream Act Application
- 2013-2014 Dream Act Application Instructions
- 2013-2014 Dream Act Application (PDF version)
- 2013-2014 Dream Act Online Application