"I want to be a leader who can cause positive change in the lives of as many people as possible."
- Oumou Ly '13
OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
St. Mary's Hall 107
Tel: (800) 263-0545 or
Fax: (650) 508-3426
M-Th 9:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
F 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Top Ten Reasons to Transfer to NDNU
1. As a transfer student, you are an integral and valued part of the NDNU community. Each year, over half of our new students are transfer students. You will be able to take full advantage of all that NDNU has to offer ... academically and socially.
2. You can transfer to NDNU at any time. Whether you are a freshman or a senior, we have a place for you, and you may enter in either the fall or spring semesters.
3. You do not need to complete your general education requirements before you transfer. Since our GE is designed to be incorporated into your entire course of study, you can transfer with only a portion of your GE completed. See below for a description of our General Education Requirements.
4. You can transfer up to 78 lower-division transfer units (117 lower-division quarter units). See our Transfer Credit Agreements with other colleges.
5. Most of your courses will transfer. NDNU accepts credit for courses completed with a grade of C or higher at any regionally accredited two- or four-year college or university. Generally, we accept academic courses transferable to the California State University (CSU) system. Classes taken Pass/Fail will transfer, if a Pass is equivalent to a grade of C or higher. We accept IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Credit).
6. NDNU accepts credit from nontraditional sources. Students may earn units through examination (for example: CLEP, AP), cooperative education, military training, nurse training, and industry-sponsored training courses.
7. Some majors can be completed in the evening. Our Evening Degree Programs include Business Administration, Human Services, and Liberal Studies in an Accelerated Program for students 25 years and older, while Computer Science and Psychology are available in a traditional evening format.
8. A straightforward admission process. You should have at least a C+ average in all transferable coursework and be in good academic standing at your last college. See our admission requirements.
9. Financial aid is available to both fall and spring transfer students. See more about financial aid, but remember the deadline is March 2.
10. Pre-application counseling. If you would like to get a clear idea of which of your classes will transfer to NDNU and how long it will take you to complete your degree here, contact us at the numbers below.