Military and Veteran Students

Military Service Credit

In addition to coursework completed at approved colleges and universities, veterans may be eligible to receive additional credit for military experience.

Credit is granted for various levels of active service in the United States military as follows:

  1. Basic military service of more than one year = maximum of six semester units lower-division.
  2. Completion of Officers’ Candidate School (one year) = maximum of nine semester units lower-division plus six semester units upper-division.

Students in either of the above categories may also be granted credit for courses taken in military schools according to the recommendations for institutions of higher education in the American Council on Education’s A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. An original Form DD214 is required for all military credit.

Students serving in different branches of the military can request transcripts at the following links: