Transfer Admission Requirements
Evaluating the whole applicant.
NDNU accepts transfer applicants at all levels: freshman, sophomore, junior and senior.
At NDNU, we take the time to read every page of every application that comes through our office. You are not just a number at NDNU. Rather, our admissions process is designed to allow us to get to know each applicant individually, and to allow the applicant to become intimately acquainted with the experience they’ll have at Notre Dame de Namur University.
Notre Dame de Namur University welcomes applications from all students regardless of religious preference, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or financial need. Each applicant is evaluated on the basis of academic and personal achievement.
Baseline Transfer Admissions Requirements
To be considered for admission, we require the following:
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- The average transfer GPA for admitted students last year was approximately 3.0.
- Good academic standing at the student’s most recently attended college or university
- Students on academic probation or who have been academically disqualified from a college in the last seven years must attend another institution and complete at least 12 semester-units of credit with a minimum 2.0 GPA before they may be considered for admission.
- Completion of high school or equivalent
Having met the baseline requirements, students are considered for admission to NDNU based on the following subjective criteria:
- Academic preparation and ability, including GPA, test scores (if required) and the difficulty of the student’s academic workload
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- Extracurricular accomplishments
- Personal character
- Fit with the mission and values of Notre Dame de Namur University
The following programs have additional requirements for admission:
- Musical Performance requires an audition with the faculty of the Music Department
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
International applicants are required to submit additional documents in support of your application. Please see our webpage for international applicants to make sure that you submit all of your required transcripts and test scores correctly.