Networking Your Way to Career Success
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
5 - 7:30 p.m.
Sobrato Center for Nonprofits
This fast-paced seminar will include:
- How to project a polished and confident image in professional situations
- Networking and conversational skills
- Introductions and how to converse and mix with ease
- How to prepare for a networking event, follow-up, & stay in touch
- An opportunity to practice what you've learned
Speaker: Syndi Seid, trained at the Protocol School of Washington D.C., is recognized as the world's leading authority on business protocol and etiquette and has appeared on CBS' Eye on America. She has conducted numerous sessions in many organizations including Hewlett-Packard.
RSVP by March 28 to: email@example.com. Free to all NDNU students and alumni! Refreshments will be served. The Sobrato Center for Nonprofits is located at 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA.
Brought to you by NDNU Office of Alumni Relations and Career Services.
April 8–10, 2013
Tour Designed by Gina Gallo '90
Monday, April 8
- Welcome reception: 5:30 p.m., Taube Conference Center
- Depart for the Embassy Suites in Napa: 7 p.m.
Tuesday, April 9
- Visit to the charming town of Yountville
- Wine tasting and lunch hosted by Gina Gallo at the William Hill Estate Winery
- Time to explore the Oxbow Center in Napa
- Wine tasting and dinner hosted by Jean-Charles Boisset at the newly renovated Buena Vista Winery
Wednesday, April 10
- Wine tasting and tour at Castello di Amorosa, a replica of a Tuscan Castle
- Wine tasting and lunch at the Charles Krug Winery• Wine tasting at Raymond Winery as guests of Jean-Charles Boisset
- Arrive back at NDNU by 5:30 p.m
More more information and to register, please download the Wine Tour flyer.
Julie Pilgrimage: Celebrating the Heritage of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
June 17–28, 2013
France and Belgium
Come join us on a journey through northern France and Belgium, tracing the history of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. Attention will be given to the places important in the life of St. Julie Billiart, Foundress of the Congregation, and to some of the historical events in our history. We will go to Namur where the Motherhouse of the Sisters of Notre Dame will welcome us, celebrate Mass with us and share the excitement of the new Heritage Center completed recently and containing the names of every woman who ever entered the Congregation.
For more information, please download packet.
August 6–9, 2013
'Tis time to plan our next trip to Shakespeare Country. You and your friends are invited to join us for our 12th year enjoying the wonders of Shakespeare in Ashland, Oregon. We will be staying at the Windsor Inn with its outdoor pool and spa and gather at our favorite Alex's Restaurant for a welcome dinner before the performance of "Midsummer Night's Dream." The next evening, we will see Shakespeare's "Cymbeline" and on Friday afternoon, "King Lear." Dr. Vince Fitzgerald will host seminars to prepare us for the plays. The English Department has arranged for academic credit for those who wish (one to three units). To receive credit, please contact Dr. Vince Fitzgerald (650) 508-3769. For more information, please call (650) 508-3551. T'will be a merry group.
For more information and to register, please download this form.