Master of Public Administration
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree program offered at Notre Dame de Namur University (NDNU) has long been recognized for our faculty’s dedication to preparing professionals to work effectively in management positions within public, non-profit and service-related organizations. The MPA program attracts professionals, including educational administrators, health care professionals and government agency employees, from a breadth of work and educational settings. The diversity of interests among our students is brought together in core courses and expanded in the areas of specialization. The MPA program emphasizes broad study in functional areas of public administration and concentrated study in the fields of public affairs administration or human resources management.
See the NDNU General Catalog for course descriptions.
Online program option also available. Please speak with an admissions counselor.
- The School of Business and Management has been granted initial accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading accreditation association in business education
- Courses in the MPA program are conveniently scheduled in the evening on NDNU’s Belmont campus
- NDNU’s location serves as an educational conduit of current and future practice and enables us to attract high-caliber students and faculty
- The MPA program at NDNU considers the examination of the nature and traits of ethical organizational and public affairs practices to be essential in preparing future leaders and managers
- The program prepares leaders and managers to think strategically about contemporary organizations
- NDNU provides our MPA students the flexibility to take coursework in related areas within the overall graduate program
- Our students’ communication and presentation skills are developed within the program, which is important for many public positions
- For students unable to commute to class or attend evenings, NDNU also offers an online MPA program option: please contact graduate admissions for more information
Students may apply to enter the Master of Public Administration program in the fall, spring, or summer semesters and should meet the following requirements:
- Completed NDNU application for admission
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation, academic or professional.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, with one transcript showing a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S., or equivalent academic preparation outside of the U.S. All transcripts from universities outside the United States must be evaluated by a professional credential evaluation service. We accept evaluated transcripts from members of NACES (naces.org/members.htm).
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
- MPA prerequisites: Statistics, Intro to Political Science, Intro to Psychology, and Intro to Sociology. A grade of “C” or better is required for prerequisite courses.
Graduate Admissions Counselor
Program Director, Graduate Business Programs