Business Office Policies
Payment of Tuition and Fees
Payment or payment arrangements must be made with the NDNU Business Office by the published due date for all pre-registered students. Students who register after the pre-registration period must make their payment arrangements at the time of registration.
Payment or payment arrangements* can consist of (or a combination of):
- Payment in full with cash, check or credit card
- Full financial aid showing verified and Ready for Disbursement
- Installment payment plan with TMS (Tuition Management Systems)
- Employer Deferred Plan – form and payment must be submitted to Business Office by the payment arrangement deadline (each semester requires a separate form)
*International students and online students are required to pay tuition and fees in full by the posted due date and are not eligible for installment payment plans. For further information, please contact the Business Office.
A $150 Late Payment Penalty Fee will be assessed to students who have not made payment or payment arrangements with the Business Office.
Outstanding balances without a payment arrangement will result in a Business Office hold. Business Office holds must be cleared in order to register for the following semester.
- To conduct all financial affairs in a legal and ethical manner
- To read and adhere to all published procedures and policies governing their student account including the following:
- To know when registering for a class, charges are incurred
- The student is responsible for payment of charges incurred when registering, whether or not they attend class
- To have charges removed, a drop form must be processed through the Registrar’s Office during the refund period
- To pay all charges incurred by the published payment due date, regardless of whether a billing statement was received or if payment is to be made with financial aid or by another party
- To ensure student's name and mailing address are correct and if not go to the NDNU Campus Portal to update any changes
- To submit disputes of charges and petitions for removal of charges in writing to the appropriate office
- Pay all penalties, costs and legal fees associated with collection of their student account
- If a student is under 18 years of age, they will be held liable for all charges incurred
Tuition Refund Policy and Drop Penalty
You must officially drop courses to be entitled to the pro-rated reductions in tuition charges according to the following schedule:
|% of Tuition Refundable||Day by which Drop Form Must be Filed|
no drop penalty
|Prior to beginning of the semester or term|
|100% less $25.00 per course dropped||2nd Tuesday of the semester or term|
|50%||3rd Tuesday of the semester or term|
|25%||4th Tuesday of semester or term|
No refund after 4th Tuesday of the semester or term
Students officially withdrawn from NDNU before completing 60% of the semester/term, must return federal aid to the source in accordance with federal regulations. See the Return of Title IV Funds policy in the NDNU Catalog.
Student fees are 100% refundable prior to the beginning of the semester or term with no refund after the semester or term begins. All other fees are non refundable.
Students who have withdrawn from the university may be entitled to refunds for tuition and fees. For details on refunds, see the full Refund Policy published in the University Catalog.