Career Services provides career counseling, for-credit classes, information resources and tools, and on-campus events aimed at fostering the career development of students and alumni.
Career Services strives to:
- Help students to develop competence and confidence in the career planning and job search process.
- Empower students to discover their unique talents, gifts, skills, and values.
- Foster career exploration and decision-making through experiential learning activities.
- Provide appropriate up-to-date career-related information and resources.
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizations that offer meaningful community engagement and career opportunities to students and alumni.
Throughout the year, Career Services sponsors a variety of special events and activities on campus. Check our events calendar for details. In addition, Career Services is a resource center with job/internship listings, computers for students, reference books and materials, and a friendly staff who can help you find career-related information.
Students and alumni are encouraged to explore their career options by meeting with a counselor. A career counseling session might include self-assessment, career research, goal setting strategies, or resume writing. We also offer a wide range of career classes for undergraduate students, such as Career Planning and Job Search, Business Etiquette, and Career Development Internships.
The office may be closed throughout the day when staff members are attending meetings or working with a student. To ensure there is a staff member available to assist you, please make an appointment by sending an e-mail or calling the numbers listed below.
- For Students
- For Employers
- For Faculty and Staff
- For Alumni
- Classes and Events
- Job Search and Career Advice Videos
Carrie McKnight, Director
(650) 508-3667, firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Services Office, JB 140
M - F 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., after 5 p.m. by appointment
Fax: (650) 508-3492