Alumni Information and Resources
Career Counseling Services
Individual career counseling is available on an appointment basis for alumni. Call (650) 508-3667 to schedule an appointment. A visit with a career counselor can help you to:
- Assess your personality style, skills, interests, and values
- Research career options
- Develop successful job search strategies
- Create or improve your resume
- Practice interviewing skills
- Explore your options for graduate school
Career Resource Library
Our career library offers the job seeker and career changer a wide variety of resources that include:
- Employer information
- Career books and information
- EUREKA, the California Career Information System: contact us for password
- Resume, interview, and job search handouts
- What Can I Do With This Major? Connect your major to a career
- Job Choices: An online publication full of career resources
- Graduate and professional school literature
- We have both library and internet resources to help you choose a graduate program or school and to find out where to take graduate school exams. We also have information on writing a personal statement or essay and are available to proofread. Stop by or call for an appointment with one of our counselors.
- GradSource.com: a comprehensive resource for exploring graduate school and studies.
Managing one's career is an ongoing, lifelong process. We hope you'll share your career successes and progress with the staff in NDNU Career Services. Career Services resources and appointments are available to alumni for little or no charge. We can help you take the pulse on your career or assist you with a career transition. Call (650) 508-3667 to make an appointment.
Career Services receives many part-time, full-time, and internship posting. Job listings received from employers are filed in job binders and posted on our board.
We have partnered with OneWire Finance, a leading online Career Management Tool that creates precise connections between individuals and opportunities. Top financial services firms are currently using OneWire to hire candidates. To be considered, create a profile at www.OneWire.com.
Alumni can access Susan Ireland's Ready-Made Resumes Website at Resume Help Online. This comprehensive site is composed of a Resume Writing Guide, Cover Letter Writing Guide, and templates for resumes and cover letters. Contact us for the password at email@example.com.
You can also make an appointment with us for a resume review. Here are a few quick pointers to help your resume stand out:
- A good resume is a marketing tool. Its main purpose is to help you get a job interview.
- A good resume focuses on the future - not the past.
- A good resume emphasizes your achievements and accomplishments rather than descriptions of your previous work experiences.
Networking - Students, Alumni, and Business Community
Career Services staff actively networks with current students, alumni, and the business community to develop contacts willing to talk with students concerning career options and job opportunities. Career Services is currently developing an Alumni - Student Network. This group is designed to provide an opportunity for alumni to share career information and advice with current NDNU students and other alumni. If you are interested in joining, please fill out the Alumni - Student Network Form.
Alumni Panels & Networking Events
- As part of Career Week, we invite NDNU Alumni to share their experiences and insights on navigating a career path. For more information contact Alumni Relations at (650) 508-3515.
NDNU and Your Organization
You already know the quality of individuals that graduate from Notre Dame de Namur University (formerly College of Notre Dame). Put us in touch with your Human Resources Department or recruiters and we'll make sure that they have the opportunity to meet our students. Opportunities throughout the year include job fairs, on-campus interviews, and club or workshop presentations.
Internships are an important part of the learning experience. Internships allow our students to apply their classroom knowledge to the real world. Students interested in internships either during the school year or in the summer come from all disciplines within the university.
To learn more about our program contact Carrie McKnight at (650) 508-3667.
For more resources, events, and information contact the NDNU Alumni Association.