Career Services provides career counseling, for-credit classes, information resources and tools, and on-campus events aimed at fostering the career development of students and alumni.
Career Services strives to:
- Help students to develop competence and confidence in the career planning and job search process.
- Empower students to discover their unique talents, gifts, skills and values.
- Foster career exploration and decision-making through experiential learning activities.
- Provide appropriate up-to-date career-related information and resources.
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizations that offer meaningful community engagement and career opportunities to students and alumni.
Throughout the year, Career Services sponsors a variety of special events and activities on campus. In addition, Career Services is a resource center with job/internship listings, computers for students, reference books and materials, and a friendly staff who can help you find career-related information.
Students and alumni are encouraged to explore their career options by meeting with a counselor. A career counseling session might include self-assessment, career research, goal setting strategies or resume writing. We also offer a wide range of career classes for undergraduate students, such as Career Planning and Job Search, Business Etiquette, and Career Development Internships.
- For Students and Alumni
- For Employers
- For Faculty and Staff
- Classes and Events
- Job Search and Career Advice Videos
Contact and Appointments
Carrie McKnight, Director
Career Services Office, JB 140
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m., after 5 p.m. by appointment
The office may be closed throughout the day when staff members are attending meetings or working with a student. To ensure there is a staff member available to assist you, please make an appointment by phone or email.