Current Student and Alumni Career Resources
Individual career counseling is available on an appointment basis for all residential, commuter, evening and graduate students as well as alumni. To make an appointment, call 650-508-3667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A visit with a career counselor can help you to:
- Assess your personality style, skills, interests and values
- Choose a major
- Explore career options
- Develop job search strategies
- Create or improve your resume
- Practice interviewing skills
- Explore options for graduate school
Career Resource Library
Career Services offers students a wide variety of resources that include:
- Employer information
- Career books and information
- EUREKA, the California Career Information System: contact us for password
- CareerSpots: Job Search and Career Advice Videos
- Resume, interview and job search handouts
- Connect your major to a career with What Can I Do With This Major?
- Graduate and professional school literature
- GradSource.com: a comprehensive resource for students exploring graduate school and studies.
Glassdoor.com is an online job site where past and current employees submit company reviews, salary data, interview insights, and benefits reviews. Click on the image to the right.
Jobs and Internships
Career Services receives many part-time, full-time, internship and work study job listings. Job postings received from employers are filed in job binders and placed on our job board.
Additional online internship postings are available through Internships.com.
For a list of current off-campus job fairs in Northern California, go to JobStar.
Students and alumni can also make an appointment in Career Services for resume assistance. Here are a few quick pointers to help your resume stand out:
- A good resume is a marketing tool. Its main purpose is to help you get a job interview.
- A good resume focuses on the future, not on the past.
- A good resume emphasizes your skills and accomplishments rather than descriptions of your previous work experiences.
Career Success Plan
NDNU provides a number of services, events and academic courses designed to assist students in transitioning from college to successful and satisfying careers. We provide a Career Success Plan that serves as a model for making the student to career transition. Contact the staff in Career Services for more information.
NDNU and Your Organization
You already know the quality of individuals that graduate from Notre Dame de Namur University (formerly College of Notre Dame). Put us in touch with your human resources department or recruiters and we’ll make sure that they have the opportunity to meet our students. Opportunities throughout the year include job fairs, on-campus interviews and club or workshop presentations.
Internships are an important part of the learning experience. Internships allow our students to apply their classroom knowledge to the real world. Students interested in internships either during the school year or in the summer come from all disciplines within the university.
To learn more about our program contact Carrie McKnight at 650-508-3667.