Central Services/Mail Center
To provide excellent and courteous service to all campus community who use our services. It is our intent to provide quality service and printing for our staff and faculty members in the most cost-effective ways. We serve the campus community in providing timely delivery and pick-up of mail and packages. We are here to serve.
Central Service Endeavors:
- To assist students in managing both outgoing and incoming mail (utilizing US Postal Service, UPS or FedEx)
- To assist faculty, staff and students with their copying needs
- To find the most cost-effective means of getting the job done
- To provide service and paper for the copiers provided on campus
Range Of Services Offered
- Mail deliveries to staff, faculty and students. Student mail is stored in Mail Center (Ralston Hall 104). Only those students living on campus have the privilege of having mail delivered and stored for distribution on campus. Staff and faculty mail is put up and delivered to designated mail stops around campus. Delivery times are between the hours of 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., depending on USPS delivery times.
- Copying Service for staff and faculty offered in black and white or color. Specifically, these are copy jobs that require particular attention, are large in number or require special handling.
- Bindery service includes pamphlets, bookmaking that requires folding and stapling. We also offer thermal binding that results in perfect binding with either clear or polyester covers (gold foil optional).
- Cutting, folding and inserting.
Includes USPS, UPS, FedEx and other couriers. We offer a full line of supplies from these vendors in order to better meet the needs of our campus community.
Blue mail boxes are located around the campus for mail drop off for the campus community. These are located in the lobby across from Public Safety in St. Mary’s Hall, and on the second and third floors of Ralston Hall. Students can use any of these locations including the mail slot on the door of the Mail Center. The pick up time for mail is approximately 9 a.m. although times may vary slightly.
Paper and Copier Services
Central Services manages and maintains 22 copiers around campus. Only the two copiers located in the library are accessible to students. The library charges $.10 per sheet of paper used. Students can choose to have the Service Center copy for them at a lesser cost of $.05 per copy. The only color copier available to students and staff is located in the Mail Center. The charge for color copies is $.10 per copy.
Students are assigned mail boxes by the Mail Center. It is the responsibility of students to come to the Mail Center to check their mail, and to retrieve it at least weekly. Mail is stored in mail bins and packages are stored in our shelving area. Mail that overfills your mailbox for more than two weeks will be returned to sender. Prior to being returned to sender, an email alert to the student account will be sent at least 24 hours in advance.
A valid student ID with a clear photograph is required for all mail pickups.
Please do not call the Mail Center to inquire about packages or mail. We have limited manpower and cannot offer this service. Students must come in person to make inquiries.
For forwarding mail, all students must first go to the Registrar’s Office to make the initial change. This is mandatory for all students who are graduating or leaving the campus for a long-term basis.
Forwarding mail from the Mail Center is only done for six-month durations. It is the responsibility of the student to go to the U.S. Post Office to arrange for their official mail forwarding prior to leaving campus.
No non-resident mail or packages will be accepted at the Mail Center. If you are not listed as a resident, your mail will be returned to sender. No mail will be delivered to residents who are attempting to house friends in their residence. This is a Housing rule violation and there will be no exceptions. All such violations will be reported to the Housing Office.
Belmont Post Office Locations
640 Masonic Way
Belmont, CA 94002
M–F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (closed on official campus holidays)
Emergency phone: 650-207-2903
[Note: If doors are closed and locked, personnel are out on service calls or deliveries and will return shortly]
Gregory Maravilla, Coordinator