NDNU Counseling Services is dedicated to providing a broad range of support to assist currently registered students. We strive to provide services that reflect our strong commitment to diversity and to the individual needs of all students here at NDNU.
These services include:
- Brief and short term therapy
- Couples therapy
- Group therapy
- Crisis intervention
- Referral services
- Case management services
- Outreach and programming services
- Consultation and referrals for faculty and staff
In order to provide psychological services to as many students as possible, Counseling Services is limiting the number of therapy sessions for all registered students beginning in the Fall Semester of 2014. This means that registrants are eligible to be seen by a counselor for up-to-15 50-minutes sessions per academic year. Students will be strongly encouraged to utilize sessions consecutively or, if deemed appropriate by the counseling staff, every other week.
Counseling is offered in an atmosphere of support and understanding. The counselors will listen, help clarify personal concerns, identify goals and strategies for changes and provide support throughout the process.
Counseling sessions are confidential to ensure that students feel free to talk about anything that is of concern. No information is released without the student’s consent or request.
Location and Hours
New Hall E18
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Extended hours Monday, Wednesday and Friday
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Call the main line at 650-508-3714 to schedule an appointment or leave a message
- Walk-in and speak to someone if they are available
- Walk-in and leave a note in the drop-box if no one is available (someone will get back to you by the end of the day)