The following students are subject to immunization requirements upon entry to NDNU:
- All incoming freshmen
- All incoming residential students (can include transfer students)
Students must complete and return the Immunization Record Form to Health Services before moving into the resident halls. If you have a medical or religious reasons for not fulfilling the immunization requirements, please complete and return the Immunization Affidavit to Health Services. Laboratory test(s) showing proof of immunity is acceptable documentation.
College Immunization Requirements
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), two doses administered at least one month apart. Exclusion: Students born before 1957 (only applies to measles and mumps).
- Tuberculosis PPD (Mantoux or IGRA) test administered six months before the first day of the semester.
- Hepatitis B – three doses
- Hepatitis A - 2 doses
- Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis (Tdap) within 10 years
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) - females only
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) - all adults without immunity
- Meningococcal (Meningitis) - strongly recommended for freshmen residents
- Polio - especially for international students
There are a number of clinics within a five mile radius where immunizations are available for free or at a minimal cost: Health Exam and Immunization Clinics