Required Health Insurance and Waiver Information
Notre Dame de Namur University requires that all full-time undergraduate students (12 units or more), resident students, athletes and international students have health insurance. Students may enroll in the NDNU insurance plan or students with comparable coverage may waive out of the NDNU plan by completing and submitting the Student Health Insurance Form.
Comparable Coverage means that your health plan meets ALL of the following waiver criteria:
- The annual deductible must be no more than $1,000 per plan year;
- There is no overall maximum dollar limit on the policy;
- Coverage must include maternity benefits (women only);
- Coverage must extend beyond Emergency Services only (must include inpatient and outpatient services such as office visits, diagnostic services and preventive services).
- Coverage must meet the State of California mandated benefits and federally mandated benefits;
- Coverage must be active throughout the entire academic year.
The deadline to submit the 2017-2018 Notre Dame de Namur University Annual Waiver Form is:
Fall 2017: September 12, 2017 (can be submitted starting June 16, 2017)
Spring 2018: January 23, 2018 (can be submitted starting November 22, 2017)
Students must have insurance prior to checking into campus housing. A new waiver form must be submitted annually, or after a break in academic studies.
Failure to fill out and submit the Student Health Insurance Form by the September 12, 2017 due date will result in enrollment in the NDNU Student Health and Special Risk Insurance Plan and a charge to the student account.
Who is required for the plan?
- All full-time undergraduate students taking 12 units or more, resident students, student athletes and all international students.
To ensure compliance with this policy, students (as defined above), are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan unless proof of comparable insurance coverage is documented. Documentation is provided by completing a waiver form on-line identifying the comparable coverage and submitting it by the posted deadline. If a form is not submitted by the deadline, the student will be automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan for the policy year and be responsible for all payments.
NDNU Student Health and Special Risk Insurance Plan
For full information, please see https://www.gallagherstudent.com/
- Fall cost $812.00 (Coverage dates of 8/1/2017-12/31/2017)
- Spring/Summer cost $1,122 (Coverage dates of 1/1/2018-7/31/2018)
- Summer Only (Coverage dates of 6/1/2018-7/31/18)
If you have specific questions regarding student health insurance, please contact Marija Buljan-Bergero, Executive Assistant for Student Affairs at 650-508-3459, or email email@example.com.