Required Health Insurance and Waiver Information
Notre Dame de Namur University requires that all full-time undergraduate students (12 credit hours or more), resident students, athletes and international students have health insurance. Students may enroll in the NDNU insurance plan or students with comparable coverage may waive out of the NDNU plan by completing and submitting the Student Health Insurance Form.
Comparable Coverage means that your health plan meets ALL of the following waiver criteria:
- The annual deductible must be no more than $1,000 per plan year;
- There is no overall maximum dollar limit on the policy;
- Coverage must include maternity benefits (women only);
- Coverage must extend beyond Emergency Services only (must include inpatient and outpatient services such as office visits, diagnostic services and preventive services).
- Coverage must meet the State of California mandated benefits and federally mandated benefits;
- Coverage must be active throughout the entire academic year.
The deadline to submit the 2014-2015 Notre Dame de Namur University Annual Waiver Form is September 1, 2014. Students must have insurance prior to checking into campus housing. A new waiver form must be submitted annually, or after a break in academic studies.
Failure to fill out and submit the Student Health Insurance Form by the September 1, 2014 due date will result in enrollment in the NDNU International and Domestic Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan and a charge to the student account.
Who is required for the plan?
- All full-time undergraduate students taking 12 or more credit hours, resident students, student athletes and all international students with an F-1 or J-1 visa.
To ensure compliance with this policy, students (as defined above), are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan unless proof of comparable insurance coverage is documented. Documentation is provided by completing a waiver form on-line identifying the comparable coverage and submitting it by the posted deadline. If a form is not submitted by the deadline, the student will be automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan for the policy year.
NDNU Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan
For full information, please see www.gallagherkoster.com/NDNU
Fall: 08/1/2014 through 12/31/2014
Undergrad – $695
Spring/Summer: 01/1/2015 through 07/31/2015
Undergrad – $963
Summer Only: 05/1/2015 through 07/31/2015
Undergrad – $419
If you have specific questions regarding student health insurance, please contact Marija Buljan-Bergero, Executive Assistant for Student Affairs at 650-508-3459, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.