All students are subject to immunization requirements upon entry to NDNU.
- All incoming freshmen and transfer students
- All students living on campus
- Part-time and full-time undergraduate students that are attending class while on a student visa, including a student attending or visiting classes or programs as part of a formal visitation or exchange program.
Students must complete and return the Immunization Record Form (PDF) to the Health Services before moving into the dorms or before the first day of term if living off campus. If you have a medical or religious reason for not fulfilling the following immunization requirements, please complete and return the Immunization Affidavit (PDF) to the Office of Health and Wellness.
Laboratory test(s) showing proof of immunity is acceptable documentation.
College Immunization Requirements:
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), two doses administered at least one month apart. Exclusion: Students born before 1957 (only applies to Measles and Mumps).
- Tuberculosis PPD (Mantoux) test administered 12 months before the first day of the semester
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses
- Hepatitis A - 2 doses
- Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis (Tdap) within 10 years
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) - females only
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) - all adults without immunity
- Meningococcal (Meningitis) - strongly recommended for freshmen residents
- Polio - especially for international students
Please download the Immunization Record Form (PDF) and return to the Health Services before the first day of class.
There are a number of clinics within a 5 mile radius where immunizations are available for free or at a minimal cost. Please see the following link for more information:
Meningococcal Disease Information
Notre Dame de Namur University is required to provide all incoming resident students with information on meningococcal disease. A meningococcal vaccine is not required, only recommended. Please review the information on the Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine Information Form, sign the form and return it to Health Services.