Required Health Insurance and Waiver Information
Notre Dame de Namur University requires that all Full-time Undergraduate students (12 credit hours or more), Resident Students, Athletes, and International Students have health insurance. Students may enroll in the NDNU insurance plan or students with comparable coverage may waive out of the NDNU plan by completing and submitting the Student Health Insurance Form.
Comparable Coverage means that your health plan meets ALL of the following waiver criteria:
- The annual deductible must be no more than $1,000 per Plan Year;
- There is no less than a $500,000 per Injury or per Illness maximum;
- Coverage must include maternity benefits (women only);
- Coverage must not extend beyond Emergency Services only (must include inpatient and outpatient services such as office visits, diagnostic services and preventive services).
- Coverage must meet the State of California mandated benefits and federally mandated benefits;
- Coverage must be active throughout the entire academic year.
The deadline to submit the 2013-2014 Notre Dame de Namur University Annual Waiver Form is August 19, 2013. STUDENTS MUST HAVE INSURANCE PRIOR TO CHECKING INTO CAMPUS HOUSING. A NEW Waiver Form must be submitted ANNUALLY, or after a break in academic studies.
Failure to fill out and submit the Student Health Insurance Form by the August 19, 2013 due date will result in enrollment in the NDNU International & Domestic Student Accident & Sickness Insurance Plan and a charge to the student account.
Who is eligible for the plan?
Enrollment in a health insurance plan is required for all students at Notre Dame de Namur University. To ensure compliance with this policy, students (as defined below), are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan unless proof of comparable insurance coverage is documented. Documentation is provided by completing a waiver form identifying the in-force comparable coverage and submitting it by the posted deadline. If a form is not submitted by the deadline, the student will remain enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan for the policy year.
- All full-time undergraduate students taking 12 or more credit hours, resident students, student athletes, and all international students with an F-1 or J-1 visa will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the Injury and Sickness Plan.
- All graduate students enrolled in 3 or more credit hours and part-time undergraduate students enrolled in 3-11 credit hours are eligible to enroll in the Injury and Sickness Plan on a voluntary basis.
NDNU Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan
For full information, please see www.gallagherkoster.com/NDNU
Fall: 08/1/2013 through 12/31/2013
Undergrad - $695.
Voluntary Graduate/ Part-time students - $844
Spring/Summer: 01/1/2014 through 07/31/2014
Undergrad - $ 965
Voluntary Graduate/ Part-time students - $ 1,170.
Summer Only: 05/1/2014 through 07/31/2014
Undergrad - $420.
Voluntary Graduate/ Part-time students - $509.
If you have specific questions regarding student health insurance, please contact Giovanna Sodini, Executive Assistant to the Dean of Students at (650) 508-3459, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Students must notify Health Services of changes in policy or coverage during the academic year.