Required Health Insurance and Waiver Information
Notre Dame de Namur University requires that all Full-time Undergraduate students (12 credit hours or more), Resident Students, Athletes, and International Students have health insurance. Students may enroll in the NDNU insurance plan or students with comparable coverage may waive out of the NDNU plan by completing and submitting the Student Health Insurance Form.
Comparable Coverage means that your health plan meets ALL of the following waiver criteria:
- The annual deductible must be no more than $1,000 per Plan Year;
- There is no less than a $100,000 per Injury or per Illness maximum;
- Coverage must include maternity benefits (women only);
- Coverage must not be for Emergency Services only (must include inpatient and outpatient benefits);
- Coverage must meet the State of California mandated benefits and federally mandated benefits;
- Coverage must be active throughout the entire academic year.
The deadline to submit the 2012-2013 Notre Dame de Namur University Annual Waiver Form is August 15, 2012. STUDENTS MUST HAVE INSURANCE PRIOR TO CHECKING INTO CAMPUS HOUSING. A NEW Waiver Form must be submitted ANNUALLY, or after a break in academic studies.
Failure to fill out and submit the Student Health Insurance Form by the August 15, 2012 due date will result in enrollment in the NDNU International & Domestic Student Accident & Sickness Insurance Plan and a charge to the student account.
Who is eligible for the plan?
Enrollment in a health insurance plan is required for all students at Notre Dame de Namur University. To ensure compliance with this policy, students (as defined below), are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan unless proof of comparable insurance coverage is documented. Documentation is provided by completing a waiver form identifying the in-force comparable coverage and submitting it by the posted deadline. If a form is not submitted by the deadline, the student will remain enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan for the policy year.
- All full-time undergraduate students taking 12 or more credit hours, resident students, student athletes, and all international students with an F-1 or J-1 visa will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the Injury and Sickness Plan.
- All graduate students enrolled in 3 or more credit hours and part-time undergraduate students enrolled in 3-11 credit hours are eligible to enroll in the Injury and Sickness Plan on a voluntary basis.
NDNU Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan
For full information, please download and read the following brochure.
Fall: 08/1/2012 through 12/31/12
Voluntary Graduate/ Part-time students- $815
Spring/Summer:01/1/2013 through 07/31/2013
Voluntary Graduate/ Part-time students- $1124
Summer Only: 05/1/2013 through 07/31/2013
Voluntary Graduate/ Part-time students- $491
If you have specific questions regarding student health insurance, please contact Allison Baca, Executive Assistant to the Dean of Students at (650) 508-3459, or e-mail email@example.com.
Note: Students must notify Health and Wellness Services of changes in policy or coverage during the academic year.