The president, deans, faculty and staff of Notre Dame de Namur University invite you and your family to attend Argo Orientation — the key to a successful beginning to your NDNU experience.
NDNU Orientation provides you with:
- Knowledgeable students and staff to answer your questions about college life and campus resources
- Presentations from financial aid, business office, dining services, and student services
- Early, on-site advising and registration for classes
- An overview of academic requirements and the Core Curriculum program
- An overview of the Hallmarks
- The opportunity to learn about your NDNU email and student account
Families will participate in a concurrent family orientation program geared specifically towards families. Attendees will:
- Meet with administrators and faculty to review NDNU programs and academics
- Attend a parent panel with current students and their parents
- Attend informational workshops covering your student’s life at NDNU
Each orientation session is one full day beginning at 9:30 a.m. (check-in at 9) and ending at 4:30 p.m. The program is designed to prepare you for registration and to help you learn what to expect from NDNU. The information and assistance available to you make orientation the best source of information about Notre Dame de Namur University.
- Saturday, June 20, 2015 (SESSION CLOSED)
- Friday, June 26, 2015 (SESSION CLOSED)
- Saturday, July 18, 2015 (SESSION CLOSED)
- Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Sessions are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. If your first choice is full, you will be assigned to your next preferred session.
The Financial Aid, Business and Registrar’s Offices are open during the summer Monday through Friday. You are encouraged to make individual appointments with these offices at your convenience to address any questions you might have.
Freshmen are charged a one-time $175 orientation fee (family members are $15 per person). The fee covers the student’s summer Orientation session, Orientation refreshments, Week of Welcome workshops, and social events. Transfers can opt to participate in Orientation only – $60 – or in Orientation plus Week of Welcome – $175. Fees will be applied to the student’s account once the orientation has been completed.
All students are required to take the Math Placement Assessment prior to registration. This exam will be offered on the morning of your Orientation session or during Week of Welcome (WOW!). Some students will be required to take the Modern Language assessment.
Week of Welcome (WOW!)
Week of Welcome is separate from the summer sessions that you have attended during the summer. It is mandatory for freshmen and highly encouraged for transfers. Learn more about WOW Week.
For evening, professional studies, transfer and graduate students, online orientation provides a convenient introduction to academic and personal resources. Learn more
Meet your orientation leaders before you get to campus. Learn more
Commonly asked questions related to orientation, move-in, housing, etc. Learn more
Gillian Wallace, Interim Director of Student Life and Leadership