Orientation Days and Golden Fleece Week
The President, Deans, faculty and staff of Notre Dame de Namur University invite you and your family to attend the New Argo Orientation Days – The key to a successful beginning to your NDNU experience!
Orientation Day and Golden Fleece Week are both mandatory for all incoming students to best acclimate them to life here at NDNU. The information and assistance available to you during these Orientation sessions make them the best source of information about student success, as well as a great way to meet other new NDNU students.
Summer New Argo Orientation Days:
NDNU New Argo Orientation Days provide you with:
- Early, on-site advising and registration for classes
- An overview of academic requirements and the Core Curriculum program
- Information about your major and assistance from a faculty advisor in planning your class schedule
- Knowledgeable students and staff to answer your questions about college life and campus resources
- The opportunity to learn about your NDNU email account, Campus Portal system, and student financial account
Families will participate in a concurrent family orientation program geared specifically towards families. Attendees will:
- Meet with administrators and faculty to review NDNU programs and academics
- Attend a parent panel with current students and their parents
- Attend informational workshops covering your student’s life at NDNU
Register for a New Argo Orientation Day!
Sessions are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and will be unavailable as they fill up. If your first choice is full, you will need to choose your next preferred session.
- Saturday, June 24, 2017 – This session is closed
- Friday, July 7, 2017 – This session is closed
- Saturday, August 12, 2017 – Athletics Orientation for Fall Sports – (XC, VB, SOC) and New Students
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017 (Out-of-Area Students Only) – This session is full. Please select another Orientation Day or contact email@example.com
- Friday , August 25, 2017 (New Transfer Student Orientation)
What Time Should We Arrive?
Most students who are attending the Orientation Day will need to take the Math Placement Test (MPT) that morning in order to be advised in the afternoon. Check-in for the MPT begins at 8:00am and the MPT begins promptly at 9am. Those not taking the MPT can arrive and check in between 8:00am and 8:45am. The Check-in for both times will be located in the parking lot nearest the Chapel. The Welcome Session for all participants will begin at 8:45am. The Orientation Day sessions should be complete by 4:30pm and we will do our best to stay timely. There will be no ticketing of vehicles parked in the C-Lot during the Orientation Day Session.
All students are charged a one-time $300 Orientation fee (family members are $15 extra per person). The fee covers the student’s summer orientation session, Golden Fleece Week, workshops, and social events. Fees will be applied to the student’s account once the orientation day has been attended.
Math Placement Test (MPT):
Incoming new students will be administered a Math Placement Test on the morning of their Orientation Day. The Test is required in order to register for classes later in the day. Information about Math Placement Test can be found HERE. Check-in for the Math Placement Test is at 8:30am at the designated check-in location. Students who have registered for their Orientation Day will receive more information about check-in locations.
Students showing a spoken and written proficiency in a foreign language may wish to test out of their language requirements. If you are interested in taking the assessment to show language proficiency during your Orientation Day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Bring:
We will provide you with the essentials for the day, however, it is very important that you have your student email username and password with you as well as the Campus Portal password you received in your university email. Forgot your email password? Click Here. Campus tours and Lunch during Orientation Day will be outdoors, so please bring sunscreen and/or hats to the event and remind your guests to do the same.
Get Excited for Golden Fleece Week!
Ready to meet new Argos and start the Fall semester off right? Golden Fleece Week starts the week before classes begin in the Fall semester. Golden Fleece Week is coordinated by staff and current NDNU students to create a combination of excitement, fun, learning, and new experiences for our newest Argos. It is a wonderful opportunity to get to make new friends, learn the ins and outs of the NDNU campus, and experience the San Francisco Bay area in a fun and comfortable atmosphere. Golden Fleece Week is required for all new students and will assist you in your transition to NDNU. Learn more