Orientation Days and Golden Fleece Week
The President, Deans, faculty and staff of Notre Dame de Namur University invite you and your family to attend the New Argo Orientation Days – The key to a successful beginning to your NDNU experience. Orientation Day and Golden Fleece Week are both mandatory for all incoming students to best acclimate them to life here at NDNU. The information and assistance available to you during these Orientation sessions make them the best source of information about student success, as well as a great way to meet other new NDNU students.
Summer New Argo Orientation Days:
NDNU New Argo Orientation Days provide you with:
- Early, on-site advising and registration for classes
- An overview of academic requirements and the Core Curriculum program
- Information about your major and assistance from a faculty advisor in planning your class schedule
- Knowledgeable students and staff to answer your questions about college life and campus resources
- The opportunity to learn about your NDNU email account, Campus Portal system, and student financial account
Families will participate in a concurrent family orientation program geared specifically towards families. Attendees will:
- Meet with administrators and faculty to review NDNU programs and academics
- Attend a parent panel with current students and their parents
- Attend informational workshops covering your student’s life at NDNU
Register for a New Argo Orientation Day!
Sessions are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and will be unavailable as they fill up. If your first choice is full, you will need to choose your next preferred session.
All students are charged a one-time $300 Orientation fee (family members are $15 extra per person). The fee covers the student’s summer orientation session, Golden Fleece Week, workshops, and social events. Fees will be applied to the student’s account once the orientation day has been attended.
Get Excited for Golden Fleece Week!
Ready to meet new Argos and start the Fall semester off right? Golden Fleece Week starts the week before classes begin in the Fall semester. Golden Fleece Week is coordinated by staff and current NDNU students to create a combination of excitement, fun, learning, and new experiences for our newest Argos. It is a wonderful opportunity to get to make new friends, learn the ins and outs of the NDNU campus, and experience the San Francisco Bay area in a fun and comfortable atmosphere. Golden Fleece Week is required for all new students and will assist you in your transition to NDNU. Learn more
Nikki Williams, Associate Director – Campus Programs
Makenzie Tompkins, Student Activities Coordinator
Megan Fox, Assistant Dean of Students