New Argo Business Days and Golden Fleece Week
The president, deans, faculty and staff of Notre Dame de Namur University invite you and your family to attend New Argo Business Day—the key to a successful beginning to your NDNU experience.
NDNU Orientation provides you with:
- Early, on-site advising and registration for classes
- An overview of academic requirements and the Core Curriculum program
- Information about your major and assistance from a faculty advisor in planning your class schedule
- Knowledgeable students and staff to answer your questions about college life and campus resources
- The opportunity to learn about your NDNU email account and student financial account and to complete any business you have with the university
Families will participate in a concurrent family orientation program geared specifically towards families. Attendees will:
- Meet with administrators and faculty to review NDNU programs and academics
- Attend a parent panel with current students and their parents
- Attend informational workshops covering your student’s life at NDNU
New Argo Business Day Sessions
The program is designed to prepare you to help you learn about and navigate the business portion of your enrollment at NDNU as well as to help you learn what to expect from life as an NDNU student. The information and assistance available to you make these sessions the best source of information about Notre Dame de Namur University as well as a great way to meet students like yourself who are also beginning their journey at NDNU.
- Saturday, June 11, 2016 (Session is full)
- Friday, June 24, 2016 (Session is full)
- Saturday, July 16, 2016 (Session is full)
- Saturday, August 20, 2016 (session registration has been closed please email email@example.com to inquire about registration)
All new students will be taking a Math Placement Assessment the morning of their New Argo Business Day. The check-in for the test will be at 8:30am in front of the NDNU Chapel. The Math Assessment will take place at 9:00am. If you have spoken with your advisor and do not require the Math Assessment test, you can check in near the NDNU Chapel at 10:00am. The New Argo Business Day will end at apporximately 4:15pm.
All new students are required to attend one of the four Business days during the summer. These sessions are primarily to assist students with taking the Math Assessment, having time with an advisor to register for classes, meeting other new Argos, and making sure students are comfortable with the Campus Portal System. Sessions are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and will be unavailable as they fill up. If your first choice is full, you will need to choose your next preferred session.
Registration for New Argo Business Day Orientation is closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about New Argo Business Day.
All students are charged a one-time $300 Orientation fee (family members are $15 extra per person). The fee covers the student’s summer business session, Golden Fleece Week, workshops, and social events (August 21–August 29). Fees will be applied to the student’s account once the business day has been completed.
All students are required to take the Math Placement Assessment prior to registering for classes. This exam will be offered on the morning of your New Argo Business Day or during Golden Fleece Week. Some students will be required to take the Modern Language assessment as well.
Golden Fleece Week!
Golden Fleece Week is separate from the summer business sessions that you will attend. It is required for new freshman and will help you in your transition to NDNU. Learn more
- Meet Our Orientation Team
- Orientation Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Insurance Waiver
- University Housing
Nikki Williams, Associate Director – Campus Programs