The president, deans, faculty and staff of Notre Dame de Namur University invite you and your family to attend Argo Orientation — the key to a successful beginning to your NDNU experience.
NDNU Orientation provides you with:
- Early, on-site advising and registration for classes
- An overview of academic requirements and the Core Curriculum program
- Information about your major and assistance from a faculty advisor in planning your class schedule
- Knowledgeable students and staff to answer your questions about college life and campus resources
- The opportunity to learn about your NDNU email and student account
Families will participate in a concurrent family orientation program geared specifically towards families. Attendees will:
- Meet with administrators and faculty to review NDNU programs and academics
- Attend a parent panel with current students and their parents
- Attend informational workshops covering your student’s life at NDNU
Each Orientation session is one full day beginning at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 4:30 p.m. The program is designed to prepare you for registration and to help you learn what to expect from NDNU. The information and assistance available to you make Orientation the best source of information about Notre Dame de Namur University.
- There are no Orientation sessions scheduled at this time
Sessions are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. If your first choice is full, you will be assigned to your next preferred session.
All students are charged a one-time $175 Orientation fee (family members are $15 per person). The fee covers the student’s summer Orientation session and Week of Welcome workshops and events (August 22–September 2). Payment can be made over the phone, online or when you arrive for Orientation.
All students are required to take the Math Placement Assessment prior to registration. This exam will be offered on the morning of your Orientation session or during Week of Welcome (WOW!). Some students will be required to take the Modern Language assessment.
Freshmen will be allowed to move-in on Thursday, August 22 from 9 a.m.–6 p.m. New volleyball, cross country, and soccer athletes who attended an orientation will be allowed to move-in on Saturday, August 17, from 4:30 p.m.–6 p.m.
Week of Welcome (WOW!)
Week of Welcome is separate from the summer sessions that you have attended during the summer. Learn more about WOW Week.
- Meet Our Orientation Team
- Orientation Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Insurance Waiver
- University Housing
- Overnight Accommodations
Richard Watters, Director of Student Life and Leadership