The Sr. Dorothy Stang Center for Social Justice and Community Engagement
Do you think we as an institution should endorse the Earth Charter? Let us know!
Our programs are designed to provide a synergy that advances dynamic contributions to social and environmental awareness, involvement and change. They are organized around the three overlapping, integrated emphases of the Center: student engagement, community partnerships and outreach, and faculty engagement. Each is designed to use our campus and community-based resources to advance the missions of NDNU and the Center.
- Community Engagement Opportunities: Find an opportunity here to match your interests and commitment.
- The Bonner Leader Program
- Call to Action Day
- Sr. Dorothy Stang Faculty Scholars
- About Sr. Dorothy Stang and the Center
|Parade for Peace and Justice
May 31, 10 a.m.
Our Lady of the Pillar Catholic Church
400 Church Street, Half Moon Bay
|Institute to Support Secondary School Religious Educators - Ethics and Social Justice Workshop
June 10–11, 2014
425 Broadway Avenue, Redwood City
News on Sr. Dorothy and Brazil
- One of Sr. Dorothy's killers receives 30 year sentence on last appeal
- Pope Francis calls for Amazon Protection at World Youth Day--echoes Sr. Dorothy
- A Posthumus Award for Sr. Dorothy Stang
- The Belo Monte Dam Controversy
Jim McGarry, Director
Cheryl Joseph, Ph.D., Program Coordinator
Gretchen Wehrle, Ph.D., Director, Sr. Dorothy Stang Faculty Scholars
Diana Enriquez-Field, Program Assistant for Mission and Spirituality
1500 Ralston Avenue, Chapel Annex Belmont, CA., 94002
Open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.