The Sr. Dorothy Stang Center for Social Justice and Community Engagement
Our programs are designed to provide a synergy that advances dynamic contributions to social and environmental awareness, involvement and change. They are organized around the three overlapping, integrated emphases of the Center: student engagement, community partnerships and outreach, and faculty engagement. Each is designed to use our campus and community-based resources to advance the missions of NDNU and the Center.
- About Sr. Dorothy Stang and the Center
- Community Engagement Opportunities: Find an opportunity here to match your interests and commitment.
- Call to Action Day
- Sr. Dorothy Stang Faculty Scholars
Want to do something meaningful during Spring Break?
Join us for Alternative Spring Break. Applications are now available!
Travel to Cincinnati, Ohio March 3-10 or volunteer in the Bay Area March 5-7.
Deadline to apply is February 5, 2018.
Questions? Contact Xochitl Cervantes.
News on Sr. Dorothy and Brazil
- An opera for Dorothy Stang: Concert honors life of murdered nun
- Life of Sr. Dorothy Stang celebrated at her California alma mater
- One of Sr. Dorothy’s killers receives 30 year sentence on last appeal
- Pope Francis calls for Amazon Protection at World Youth Day–echoes Sr. Dorothy
- The Belo Monte Dam Controversy
Diana Enriquez-Field, Director of Spirituality
Xochitl Cervantes, Sr. Dorothy Stang Center Coordinator
Gretchen Wehrle, Ph.D., Director, Sr. Dorothy Stang Faculty Scholars