The Sr. Dorothy Stang Center for Social Justice and Community Engagement
Do you think we as an institution should endorse the Earth Charter? Let us know!
Our programs are designed to provide a synergy that advances dynamic contributions to social and environmental awareness, involvement and change. They are organized around the three overlapping, integrated emphases of the Center: student engagement, community partnerships and outreach, and faculty engagement. Each is designed to use our campus and community-based resources to advance the missions of NDNU and the Center.
- Community Engagement Opportunities: Find an opportunity here to match your interests and commitment.
- The Bonner Leader Program
- Call to Action Day
- Sr. Dorothy Stang Faculty Scholars
- About Sr. Dorothy Stang and the Center
- Institute to Support Secondary School Religious Educators, June 10-11, 2014
- Parade for Peace and Justice, May 31, 2014
- Call to Action Day, March 20, 2014
- Carissa Phelps, March 19, 2014
- Rooted In Love, February 12, 2014
News on Sr. Dorothy and Brazil
- One of Sr. Dorothy's killers receives 30 year sentence on last appeal
- Pope Francis calls for Amazon Protection at World Youth Day--echoes Sr. Dorothy
- A Posthumus Award for Sr. Dorothy Stang
- The Belo Monte Dam Controversy
Jim McGarry, Director
Cheryl Joseph, Ph.D., Program Coordinator
Gretchen Wehrle, Ph.D., Director, Sr. Dorothy Stang Faculty Scholars
Diana Enriquez-Field, Program Specialist
1500 Ralston Avenue, Chapel Annex Belmont, CA., 94002
Open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.