Program Requirements: Blended and Traditional Liberal Studies Programs
Natural Science and Technology
Arts and Humanities
Some foundations credential courses are taken during the summer prior to senior year for the blended program in order to allow the last year for the methods and student teaching courses.
The following courses are credential level courses that are taken as part of the Blended and Traditional Liberal Studies pathway in order to accelerate the student's time to degree. Blended students can complete both programs in four years while Traditional students can complete both programs in five years by applying and being accepted to the credential program.
Traditional and Blended Courses
- Psychological and Developmental Foundations
- Sociological and Multicultural Foundations
- Foundations for Teaching English Learners
- Special Education for the Classroom Teacher
- Technology Applications in Education
- Health Education
Traditional students may take these in the fifth year if accepted into the credential program.
- Elementary Reading/Language Arts: Primary
- Elementary Reading/Language Arts: Upper
- Curriculum - Elementary Math
- Curriculum - Social Studies/Science
- Assessment for the Classroom Teacher
- Student/Intern Teaching/Seminar – 1st semester
- Student/Intern Teaching/Seminar – 2ndsemester