Dr. John Youssefi
Professor and Program Director of Computer Science
|Phone number:||(650) 508-3450|
- 1989 Ph.D., Computer Science, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina Dissertation Title: "An Intermediate Language and Machine-independent Optimization Issues in Automatic Code Geeration for Vector Processors."
- 1982 M.S., Computer Science, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Foundations of Computer Science
- Programming Laboratory
- Data Structure and Abstraction
- Advanced HTML and Scripting for the Web
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Programming Languages
- Computer Operating Systems and UNIX Utilities
- Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Web Programming I: Client Side
- Web Programming II: Server Side
- Database Management Systems
- Software Engineering
- Computer Network and Network Programming
- Senior Project
- Web programming
- Software Engineering
- Parallel Processing
- Programming languages/Compilers
- Database and server site programming
- Developed and presented "Perl Programming Workshop"
- Involved in submitting a grant proposal to NSF Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics Scholarship(CSEMS) program
- Member of creating AS/BS degree program with Foothill and College of San Mateo
- Web Programming Workshop for High School Students
- Developed and taught a course "EB-210 Fundamentals of Internet Architecture" for the new Master of E-Business program
- Computer Science Club Initiator and Advisor
- Computer Science Web Page Supervisor
- Involved in designing Basic Technological Skills Modules(BTSM) for NDNU students
- Involved in designing on-line testing program for BTSM
- Involved in designing on-line portfolio for students
- Involved in design and implementation of Master Program in Computer Science
- Member of leadership team in Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology
- Member of the Computer Science Advisory Council
- Presented “Incorporating IT Modules in the Curriculum” in The Uses of Instructional Technology Workshop at NDNU
John Youssefi and Ken Shakoori, "On-line implementation of Inventory/Capital Management," Applied Business Research Conference, March 2002.
John Youssefi and Ken Shakoori, "Computer Assisted Dividend Target Adjustment Model", to be submitted to a Computer/Business Conference.
John Youssefi, "Programming of Combinatorial Search Problems on Parallel Computers," the International Journal of Computers and Their Applications, August 1997
John A. Youssefi, Kay Zemoudeh, "A Course in Parallel Processing,” IEEE Transaction on Education, February 1997.
John Youssefi, George Driver, "File Access Methods on Parallel Processing," Eighth SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, March 14-17, 1997, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Robert A. Allen, John A. Youssefi, "Teaching the Internet: A Protocol for Interactive Learning", in Proc. ACM Southeast Regional Conference. (Clemson, S.C, March 1995)
Robert A. Allen, John A. Youssefi, "Human and Computer Resource Synchronization", in 5th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (Orlando, FL, Aug. 1993)
John A. Youssefi, "Parallel Computational Problems", in Proc. 29th Annual ACM Conf. (Auburn, Alabama, April 1991)
John A. Youssefi, "Introducing Parallel Computation Into the Curriculum", in Computational Science Conf. (Pomona, CA Nov. 1990)
John A. Youssefi, D.E. Stevenson, "An Intermediate Language for Vector Processor", in Proc. 28th Annual ACM Conference (Greenville, S.C., Dec. 1989)
John A. Youssefi, D.E. Stevenson, "An Overview of Parallel Languages for Vector/Array processor", in Proc. ACM Southeast Regional Conf. (Birmingham, Alabama, April 1987)