The NDNU Office of Financial Aid wants to help you, the parent, understand the sometimes complex path you must navigate with your student to receive financial aid. We would like to take you on a short journey through the financial aid process so that you can learn what to expect as you move forward. Follow the steps below.
- Be admitted to NDNU. Your student must apply and be admitted to receive a financial aid package. Start the application process now if you have not already.
- Complete the FAFSA. This is the only form that must be completed for initial financial aid consideration.
- Receive a financial aid award package. NDNU will send your student a financial aid package that details all of the forms of financial aid for which your student qualifies. Read the accompanying brochure so that both you and your student fully understand the financial aid package.
- Submit any needed financial aid documents. Your student will likely need to complete loan counseling, the master promissory note, verification documents (if selected), and any other documents listed on the award letter as needed.
- Understand the balance. Compare tuition and housing costs to the total financial aid package. The difference is the balance that needs to be covered, by a loan or through a payment plan.
- Request a PLUS Loan (optional) – one key way to cover the balance is through a Parent PLUS loan. This is a credit-based loan requested by you, the parent.
- Enroll in a Payment Plan through Tuition Management Systems (TMS) – a pay-as-you-go monthly payment plan. You can spread your education expenses over 8-10 months in a low cost, no approval plan. For further information, please contact the Business Office: 650-508-3565 or email@example.com.
- Attend Orientation – New Student Orientation is not just for students – parents are invited as well. Presentations by both the Office of Financial Aid (receiving aid) and the Business Office (arranging payments) will give a great foundation with which to have a successful journey towards a college degree.