General Outside Scholarship Search Sites
The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans is a two-year fellowship for New Americans, immigrants, or the children of immigrants who are pursuing graduate study in any field with any degree objective (e.g., JD, MD, MBA, etc., as well as M.A., M.S., Ph.D., Dr.Ph., etc.). (Online programs, executive MBAs, and five-year undergraduate/master’s programs do not qualify.)
Each award is for up to $25,000 in stipend/year as well as 50% of required tuition and fees (up to $20,000/year).
The online application becomes available April 12, 2016, and the deadline is November 1, 2016.
· US citizen but neither of your birth parents was a US citizen at time of your birth or
· You are a naturalized US citizen or
· You are in possession of a valid green card or will be by the application deadline or
· You have been–or will be by the application deadline—granted deferred action under the government’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program AND
· 30 years of age or younger at the time of application, November 1, 2016
Webinars in April, May, and June: Register here.
The American Psychological Association and its affiliate organizations provide a wide range of grants, scholarships and awards with the aim of advancing the science and practice of psychology as a means of understanding behavior and promoting health, education, and human welfare.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards (HS only)
African American Scholarships
Asian American Scholarships
Native American Scholarships
Scholarships for Women
Scholarships for Veterans
- Transitioning to civilian life after returning from service with the military can be difficult, but these scholarships are designed to help veterans pursue higher education
- NSHSS Foundation scholarships have been created to help reduce financial barriers for high school students as they prepare for upcoming careers in STEM majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), business, economics, public policy, and environmental science and sustainability.
- Migrant Farmworker
- Must have completed 1 year at a post-secondary institution
- Support up to $20,000
- Deadline: July 1
Community Service/Leadership Scholarship
- https://us.axa.com/axa-foundation/AXA-achievement-scholarship.html achievement/leadership scholarship $10,000