Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Assistant Librarian, Reference
Reports to: Library Director
Status: Part-time, Exempt
Supervises: Circulation Staff [evenings and weekends]
Responsible for reference service including: assisting students, faculty and staff in using online library materials and printed materials, providing lectures on bibliographic instruction, and selecting books and electronic resources for the library’s collection.
Reference: Assists students, faculty and staff in using the library’s catalogs and databases. Provides individual instruction in the use of research materials. Directs students to materials found at other libraries and generates interlibrary loans as needed.
Bibliographic Instruction: Develops and presents instructional lectures. Teaches research skills to students in a classroom setting, demonstrates the library’s databases, Internet resources, and other types of reference materials.
Collection Development: Assists in the maintenance of the library’s collections, including books, periodicals, and online services.
Professional Participation: Participates in professional development through professional organizations b attending both professional and university activities.
- Master’s degree in librarianship [MLS or MLIS] from an ALA accredited library school
- Demonstrated competency in reference work, preferably in an academic library
- Experience with information bibliographic instruction
- Ability to work effectively with multicultural students, faculty and staff
- Knowledge of the principles of collection development work
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Commitment to diversity in higher education
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences working in a diverse environment and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job # ALR031813
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: email@example.com