Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Assistant or Associate Professor and Program Director of Kinesiology, Tenure Track
Reports to: Chair, Department of Natural Sciences
Status: Full-Time (9 Month, Start Date – January 2014), Tenure Track
The Kinesiology Program at Notre Dame de Namur University is seeking a full-time Assistant/Associate Professor and Program Director. We would like to find a leader who will further strengthen our growing program, enhance student success, and continue growing enrollment. We are especially interested in individuals who have a broad knowledge and understanding of the diverse disciplines within the field and experience teaching a range of courses along with relevant administrative experience.
- Teaching and staffing major courses as well as provide mentoring to faculty teaching in Kinesiology courses.
- Administrative leader and responsible for strategic planning and general program administration: including curriculum mapping, assessment, course redevelopment and alignment for the Kinesiology Program. Participate in grant development and writing to enhance the academic profile of the program.
- Student development: including retention, quality and rigor of coursework, preparedness for workforce and/or graduate school, and creation of internships; developing and leading research projects in the field
- Creating cooperative partnerships that lead to collaborative projects and student internships and jobs: contributing visionary leadership in developing new alliances; serving as an advocate for the program and students in relations with the University, external stakeholders, professions, and alumni;
- Promoting and modeling a climate that respects and values diversity in faculty/staff/student composition
- Advising and mentoring undergraduate students
- Engage in service to the University and Department
- Earned Doctorate in Kinesiology or related field from an accredited University
- Experience in teaching and advising undergraduate students
- It is preferred that the candidate has either experience or the ability to teach one or several of the following courses: Exercise Physiology, Structural Kinesiology, Mechanical Kinesiology, Care and Prevention of Athletic Injury, Wellness, Fundamentals of Strength and Conditioning.
- It is preferred that the candidate possess relevant administrative experience with strong management, leadership and communication skills to be able to manage a Program with approximately 90 students
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job # APK091213
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: email@example.com