Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Major and Planned Gifts, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving is responsible for securing financial support for the University and is key to the University's fundraising program. The Assistant Director will manage the Annual Giving Program initiatives, including the implementation of telemarketing, direct mail, e-mail, and personal solicitation efforts to raise annual gifts from alumni, parents, and friends. We anticipate that this position is fast-tracked to a leadership role in a capital campaign setting.
Annual Giving Program:
- Leads the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Annual Giving Program which includes setting quantifiable goals, writing copy, determining timing and nature of appeals, coordinating solicitation material production, tracking annual gift responses, analyzing and interpreting data. Make decisions about strategies, solicitation methods, segmentation, and timing for the following programs:
- Graduating Class Gift
- Reunion Giving
- Annual NDNU Fund
- Faculty/Staff Campaign
- Other Gift Funds
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with alumni, donors, trustees, friends, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Designs annual campaigns and coordinates with Communications Office the writing, design, and printing of all campaigns, digital or print.
- Lead the Senior Class Gift campaign, including: recruitment, training, coordinating and managing a group of student leaders to serve on the Senior Class Gift Campaign committee volunteers; widely publicizing the campaign to the graduating seniors and graduate students to encourage their participation; crafting campaign materials for both web and print; and monitor and report results on a regular basis.
- Lead the Faculty/Staff campaign, including: recruitment, training, coordinating and managing a group of faculty and staff to serve on the Faculty/staff Gift Campaign committee, volunteers; widely publicizing the campaign
- Lead the Class Reunion Gift Campaign, including: recruitment of class volunteers, training, coordinating as needed.
- Lead the Parents' Fund campaign, including: recruitment, training, and coordinating of parent volunteers.
- Develop and manage more than one solicitations and solicitation strategies for the annual NDNU Fund, including direct mail, e-mail appeals, phonathon, and social media which help reconnect with our constituents with NDNU.
- Manage the phonathon using student callers or outside vendors to deliver effective solicitations including preparing call sheets, data segmentation, recruiting students, and training.
- Creating and/or reviewing call scripts for phonathon.
- Manage thank-a-thou with student callers annually.
- Recruit, hire, and train student callers for thank-a-thou.
- Manage and track annual giving expenses including print, postage, and mailing.
- Enhance and update Annual Giving webpage and social media to build awareness and to better inform and engage our constituents on the NDNU Fund.
- Work with the Director of Advancement Services on preparing data for call sheets for internal phonathon or outside vendor.
- Two years or more of successful fundraising experience in higher education.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, research databases, and prospect management software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, supportive relationships with faculty, staff and alumni.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the University's mission as well as respect for the Sisters of Notre Dame and the Roman Catholic Church.
- Ability to manage timelines in a deadline driven environment.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job # ADAG082614
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: email@example.com