Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Associate Professor, Tenure Track, Art Therapy Psychology Program
Reports to: Chair of Art Therapy Psychology Program
Status: Full-time (Start Date – fall 2014)
Notre Dame de Namur University is seeking a full-time tenure-track Associate Professor. The successful candidate will have a Doctorate in Art Therapy or a related field from an accredited university and with significant experience in research, clinical work, and administrative or program leadership responsibilities. Candidates must be actively involved in scholarly activity commensurate with a faculty assignment to a master’s and doctoral program, committed to teaching a diverse student population, and dedicated to the University’s mission of diversity, community engagement, and social justice.
Established 32 years ago, the NDNU’s Master of Arts in Art Therapy is recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in the field of art therapy. It is one of very few programs in the country with full-time faculty dedicated exclusively to the Art Therapy Program who are licensed clinicians as well as board certified, registered Art Therapists. For more than a decade, the program has successfully trained post-master’s students. Building on this distinction, NDNU also has established a WASC approved PhD program in Art therapy.
- Teaching of doctoral-level courses in Art Therapy
- Teaching of master's-level courses in Art Therapy and Marriage and Family Therapy
- Dissertation and thesis supervision, administrative responsibilities, and student recruitment retention and advising
- Doctorate in Art Therapy or related field required
- Experience in university teaching and oversight of research dissertations
- clinical license
- Actively involved in research in the field of Art Therapy and prepared to mentor students in research related to areas of expertise
- Administrative experience necessary
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job # APART120511
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: email@example.com