Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Computer Science Faculty – Online Graduate Program
Reports to: MSCIS On-line Program Director
We are seeking a part-time faculty in the department of Computer Science and Information System for developing Graduate-level courses in Server-side and Client-side Web Application Programming, designing and implementing effective learning strategies in our e-learning environment, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in departmental discussions. Competencies and tasks of the position must be met consistently along with the educational principles of the university, which focus on meeting the learning needs of students. This position will be reporting to MS-CIS on-line Program Director.
- See program information at MSCIS online program
- Provide instruction in Graduate-level client-side and server-side Web App programming
- Demonstrates commitment to service excellence standards
- Align and/or develop curriculum
- Plan for instruction
- Deliver instruction
- Facilitate student learning
- Manage the course and learning site effectively
- Use appropriate and relevant technologies
- Relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds
- Assess student learning
- Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement
- Support and assist with the on-line instruction delivery system
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and participate on instructional improvement discussions
- Pursue on-going professional development
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- •Ability to plan, organize, instruct and facilitate educational courses of quality
- Flexibility in schedule to interact with students on line and prompt response to students inquiries
- Ability to utilize technology which supports on-line learning and teaching.
REQUIRED: Training and Experience
- Must meet the minimum NDNU requirements, which include the following:
- PhD Degree from an accredited university or the equivalent with education or training preparing a person for the occupational area being taught.
- Two years of on-line teaching experience in Web Application Development and related languages.
- A minimum of three years of recent work experience in the areas directly related to Web Application development with particular focus on server-side and client-side programming.
EXPERIENCE IN APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT UTILIZING THE FOLLOWING PLATFORM IS REQUIRED:
- UNIX/Linux server and client
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED:
- Relational database use with knowledge of SQL using tools such as: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MS Access
- In-depth knowledge of Spring Framework and MVC design pattern
- Web Site Design/User Interface Design
- Mac or Windows operating systems
- Some hands-on mobile application development for Android and/or iPhone is preferred
EXPERIENCE WITH TWO OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED:
- Client and Server-side Web programming using tools such as: Java, JQuery
- Multimedia/Modeling/Simulation development using tools
- System design/development tools/methodologies such as: Agile, SDLC, UML
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Relational database/SQL using tools such as: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MS Access
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Online Learning Management tools
- Online Training/Teaching and/or development of Training Materials
This position requires transcripts. Copies are acceptable during the application process (originals will be requested upon hire). You can submit your documents via email, mail, and fax.
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job # CSC062413
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: email@example.com