Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Department: University Advancement
Reports To: Vice President for University Advancement
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Date: July 10, 2014
Under the supervision of the Vice President for University Advancement, the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for securing financial contributions from private foundations, corporations, corporate foundations, and other local, national and international businesses for unrestricted, program, endowment and/or the capital needs of Notre Dame de Namur University (NDNU).
Responsibilities include cultivating and nurturing key corporate relationships locally, nationally and internationally for NDNU. Duties include writing and editing corporate and foundation grant proposals; implementing and maintaining a grant tracker, calendar and timeline and final grant administration with key faculty leadership; faculty follow up and training on the grant submission process; creation of thank- you letters for awarded grants; reporting of grant awards; and the collection and organization of data required for grant proposal creation and reporting.
This position will identify, analyze, and profile prospective corporate and foundation (C & F) prospects; and collaborate with senior campus leadership, faculty, and development staff to formulate and execute cultivation and solicitation strategies and stewardship of corporate and foundation philanthropic activity and non-philanthropic partnerships. This position also provides support for faculty grant-seeking efforts in concert with the Provost and Deans at NDNU. This includes assistance with prospect identification, research, grant writing, editing, tracking, and reporting.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with program officers and key decision makers at foundations, corporations, and businesses.
- Work with faculty and staff on all aspects of grant seeking including: prospect research, proposal development and writing, development of grant budget development, and compliance issues related to securing outside support for research projects, academic programmatic support, and student scholarships.
- Work with faculty and staff to ensure that all fiscal and programmatic grant reports are completed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Write and produce grant proposals, reports, and correspondence for the President, Provost, VP for University Advancement, other key campus leadership, and faculty as directed.
- Oversee the administration of foundation and corporation RFPs. Evaluate the potential of other opportunities as they arise and help determine the best course of action.
- Maintain current and prospective corporate and foundation donor information in the Advancement office database.
- Schedule and manage timelines, and execute the renewal and upgrading of C & F gift and grant support.
- Work with the Office of Communications in creating and managing the production of printed/online/video collateral needed for corporate and foundation fundraising case for support.
- Provide consultation and training in C & F fundraising for faculty and staff. Advise faculty on C & F prospects and strategies for their research and other projects; provides coaching and direct assistance in implementing strategies and proposal writing and preparation. Help faculty and staff identify potential corporate and foundation funders for projects that have been approved by the appropriate administrator (department chairs, directors, deans, the Provost, and the President) in keeping with the University’s academic plan and strategic initiatives.
- Organize pre- and post-award meetings with key department and personnel to ensure an efficient and timely grants administration process and adherence to NDNU policies.
- Provide accurate and complete records of submitted/pending, secured, and to-be-submitted grants in monthly reports.
- Minimum five years of successful fundraising experience in higher education; significant corporate and foundation experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; experience writing highly competitive proposals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, ADOBE, research databases, and prospect management software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective supportive relationships with faculty, staff and alumni.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the University’s mission as well as respect for the Sisters of Notre Dame and the Roman Catholic Church.
- Proven track record of building a broad range of partnership with key corporations, leveraging university leadership and ultimately securing grants and gifts from foundations and corporations.
- Ability to manage timelines in a deadline driven environment.
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University Human Resources, Job # DCFR71814
1500 Ralston Avenue Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: email@example.com