Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Executive Administrative Assistant to the Dean, School of Education and Leadership
REPORTS TO: Dean, School of Education and Leadership
SUPERVISES: Work Study Student Assistant(s)
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt Union
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provide administrative support to the dean and program directors. Carry out office management for The School of Education and Leadership (SEL) including divisions of school functions including personnel coordination, academic administration, record management and general office duties. The position also includes providing support to faculty members and graduate students in the School of Education and Leadership.
1. Personnel Coordination
- Process faculty contracts and faculty contract worksheets/letters.
- Track units for faculty step increases.
- Process stipends for faculty and guest speakers.
- Process paperwork for new hires.
- Maintain and update personnel files.
- Monitor and track instructor course evaluations.
2. Dean Support
- Handle correspondence for Dean.
- Maintain the Dean's calendar and scheduling.
- Provide administrative support.
- Arranges Dean's travel including transportation, lodging, and event registration. Prepare itineraries and process reimbursements.
- Responsible for the documentation and verification of expenses on the Dean's travel PCard.
- Assist in coordinating and organizing annual events.
- Assist in coordinating and organizing annual Dean's Council.
- Prepare statistical reports and gather data for reports.
3. Office Management and Support
- Manages processing invoices, expense tracking and certain areas of budget.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining the management division's general office supplies for the SEL Department, Academic Success Center, Liberal Studies, and PACT.
- Manages business travel arrangements including making all related arrangements and processing and tracking related expense reimbursements. Registers conferees, books airline, hotel, car rental and other necessary functions for faculty and staff attendance at conferences, training classes, seminars, and events.
- Responsible for the documentation and verification of expenses on PCard's for the School of Education and PACT.
- Liaison for any matters related to facilities and maintenance.
- As needed, represents the School of Education and Leadership at university related campus meetings/committees.
- Assist in developing and managing office policy and procedure documents.
- Other duties assigned by the Dean.
- Process district invoices for master teacher compensation.
- Process all invoices (petty cash, mileage, office supplies, master teacher stipends, purchase orders, travel reimbursement, credit card reconciliation).
- Code and file all expense forms and reports.
- Coordinate with departments to reserve the use of facilities on campus.
- Process requests (maintenance, custodial services and OIT).
4. Academic Administration
- Coordinate with Admissions to process student admissions files.
- Prepares simple presentation graphics such as flyers, brochures, and presentations.
- Process department requests.
- Maintain and update school website.
5. Recording Management
- Prepare agenda, record and distribute minutes for The School of Education and Leadership Meetings.
- Advisory Council Meetings. (Yearly Meeting)
- Maintain official files of minutes taken and attachments distributed.
6. Student Services
- Help students through the registration process with appropriate forms and guidance to pertinent offices.
- Obtain signatures of instructors and/or chairs or sign in the absence of faculty, if appropriate and necessary.
- Locate professors in emergencies.
- Accept papers.
- Advise students concerning courses of action in the absence of advisor/professor.
- Problem-solve and trouble-shoot various student issues.
7. Manage and Plan Events
- Appreciation Tea.
- Advisory Council Meetings with School Districts and Counties.
- Award Ceremonies.
- Plan various other special events as needed.
- BA/BS or five to ten years of relevant work experience. Ability to support high level administrator in a demanding work environment. Experience managing others strongly preferred.
- Project management skills, office management, database, and data processing experience preferred.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, writing skills a plus.
- Excellent tact, problem solving, multitasking, effective time management, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous office experience – preferably in an academic setting.
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job # EAAD082614
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org