Human Resources: Available Positions
Reports to: Lead Groundskeeper
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Union Local 3
The primary responsibility of Groundskeeper is to maintain a clean, safe, and well-manicured campus. Groundskeepers are expected to have extensive horticulture knowledge, integrated pest management knowledge, maintain healthy and attractive plants, install and repair irrigation systems, operate tools and equipment, and pick up litter and debris. Groundskeepers are expected to work together as a team on major construction and renovation projects.
Groundskeepers work 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday thru Friday with two, 15 minute breaks at 9:00am and 2:00pm.
- Maintain healthy and attractive plants in specific geographic areas.
- Water appropriately to ensure healthy vegetation and to conserve water.
- Prune plants accordingly.
- Control weeds- cut and spray weeds on hillsides, maintain firebreaks.
- Maintain lawns - mow, water, aerate, fertilize.
- Cut and remove dead or fallen trees.
- Chip woody plant material into usable mulch.
- Repair, maintain and install irrigations systems.
- Adjust clocks on timer boxes.
- Manually water.
Tool & Machinery:
- Operate and maintain standard hand and horticultural tools
- Operate tractors, deck mowers, push mowers, hedgers, string trimmers, and other power tools and equipment.
- Perform documented preventive maintenance of equipment and make minor repairs as needed.
- Operate power washers.
- Patrol campus daily picking up litter and debris.
- Report damage or problems.
- Clean fountains, fill, and maintain required level of chlorination.
- Maintain storm drains prior to and during rainy season.
- Maintain grounds golf carts.
- Repair roads and walkways- fill potholes, perform minor concrete and/or asphalt work.
- Assist with other projects as requested by the Lead Groundskeeper and/or Director of Facilities.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Minimum three years professional landscape maintenance experience.
- Experience with power tools and machinery.
- Qualified Applicators License (QAL) a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include any information, if applicable, about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job #GK050515
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: email@example.com