Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Interim Director, Notre Dame de Namur University Early Learning Center
Reports to: Dean, School of Education & Leadership
Status: Full-Time, Exempt (Through June 30, 2014)
Supervises: Faculty and staff of the Early Learning Center
Notre Dame de Namur University is accepting applications for the position Director of the Early Learning Center, a school for children age 3 through kindergarten, affiliated with the American Montessori Society. The school is based in the Catholic tradition and builds religious and moral values as well as the individual academic development of each child. The school has a history as an observation site for NDNU and San Mateo Community College District. The Director works under the direction and supervision of NDNU.
- Effective leadership and management
- Coordination and evaluation of all activities
- Recruitment of students and staff
- Faculty development
- Curriculum development
- Budget authority
- Permit as Site Supervisor or Program Director
- Bachelor’s degree and Early Childhood Certification
- Administrative and supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate practice
- Experience with NAECY accredited program preferred
- Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Good judgment
- Multiple Subject Credential appropriate
Preferred start date is February 6, 2014 or until filled.
In your application, please include a CV, cover letter, official transcripts and three letters of reference.
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment and what qualities you bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU. Also, address how you see yourself contributing to the mission of the University.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job #IDELC020414
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org