Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Montessori Preschool Teacher
Department: Notre Dame de Namur School of Education and Leadership/Early Learning Center
Reports to: Early Learning Center Director
FSLA status: Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for teaching duties at the Early Learning Center
Participates in concert with teaching team to prepare curriculum, and assist in instruction and assessment to align with school mission, policies, goals and initiatives.
- Responsible in accordance with contract for planning small group and large group instruction and collaboration with teaching team.
- Ability to prepare activities individually and in collaboration with teaching team.
- Ability to support program aligning with program specific goals and developmentally appropriate practice as specified by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Ability to perform group instruction individually and in collaboration teaching team.
- Ability to perform assessment according to learning principles and objectives of program.
- Able to assume role as facilitator as schedule and program needs require.
- Understanding of and ability to apply First Aid/CPR, injury reporting policy, fire drill and evacuation policy,
- Overview of environment for behavior management, organization, health and safety, support of teaching team.
- Following playground supervision techniques and policies.
- Understanding of and ability to apply positive discipline and
- Conflict resolution policies relevant to Best Practices.
- Remains up-to-date on trends/changes in knowledge both technical and related to current educational research and developmentally Appropriate Practice. Adapts program information and procedures to reflect current research and new school initiatives.
- Adapts to changing circumstances and policies.
- Makes sound, timely and appropriate decisions and takes responsibility for the decisions.
- Applies and interprets school and departmental policies/procedures appropriate to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates participation and collaboration in age/grade level teamwork; generates and uses new ideas; motivates self and others to high level of performance; participates in professional growth opportunities both personal and provided by school.
- Attends Meetings, Parent Orientation, and events appropriate to job.
- Meets with the teachers to discuss children’s individualized learning/behavior plans.
- Communicating with Director as to your professional growth and development
- Co-operates, works and communicates responsibly with parents, administrators and the greater community in support of school mission and goals.
- Supports a climate of mutual respect and good morale in all stakeholder relationships with emphasis on the importance of timely and responsive communication.
- Works effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Supports Director in planning parent involvement in the classroom
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum: Montessori credential
- Teacher on Child Development Permit Matrix
- Experience teaching in diverse communities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to school mission, policies and initiatives
- Technical/Computer skills as required for job performance
Physical demand and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use fine motor skills, reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence of policies. I have read and understand this explanation and job description.
Signature: _________________________ Date: _____________________
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job # MPT012914
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: email@example.com