Human Resources: Available Positions
Position: Sacristan for Cunningham Chapel
Reports to: Amy Jobin, Director of the Center for Spirituality
1. Maintains and cleans all materials used in the liturgy. This includes vestments, altar and table coverings, corporals, purificators, towels, vessels, and candle holders. Dry cleaning items should be taken to the local cleaners; sewing jobs should be referred to the Director of the Center for Spirituality.
2. Keeps an inventory of all supplies including but not limited to hosts, wine, candles, tapers, matches, incense, charcoal, ashes and palms, batteries, missal/hymnal (annual), the ordo (annual). He or she will inform the Director of Spirituality of needs each month and assist with placing orders with the appropriate business and vendors.
3. Provides training of all sacristans for the 4pm Saturday Mass and will substitute on the weekends when another sacristan is not available.
4. Takes all donations collected at collected at Masses and secures them in a bank bag and drops it in the safe.
5. Assists with set up for special Masses and liturgies as requested by the Director of the Center for Spirituality.
Stipend Info: $100.00 a month
- Working knowledge of Catholic Liturgy
- Ability to monitor supplies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic accounting skills
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job # SCC041713
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org