Posted by humanresources -- January 15, 2014
Reports to: Director of the Academic Success Center
Status: Part-time – Contingent upon continuing grant funding. As a Tutor in the Tutorial Center, primary responsibilities include tutoring students in different levels of Math.
- Tutoring in all levels of math including pre=algebra, algebra, calculus 1,2,3, trigonometry, statistics, probability theory, linear algebra, discrete mathematics, math for elementary teachers.
- Proctoring of quizzes/exam
- Work closely with Faculty in the Math Department
- Assist with Math Placement exams during orientations and when needed
- Tutor individually or small groups
- Assist in updating the information about the Math Placement Test on the Academic Success Center/ Tutorial Center Web Page.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required in Math
- Detail oriented; strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with students on all levels
- Previous teaching/tutorial experience in Sciences
- Strong Communication skills
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame de Namur University
Human Resources, Job # MT011514
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Or via email: email@example.com