The Office of Information Technology exists to support student learning and faculty and staff productivity. As a part of OIT, the Media Services AV Department strives to provide reliability for installed and deliverable AV equipment on campus.
All classrooms in St. Mary’s Hall, Gavin Hall and Cuvilly Hall are equipped with:
- PC with Internet connection hooked-up to an InFocus video projector and speakers
- Cable and switch-box for connecting laptop to video projector
- DVD-VCR player connected either to TV or video projector
- Mounted projection screen
- Overhead transparency projector
Equipment can also be requested for classes or campus events only. Only faculty and staff are allowed to submit a request form and are also responsible for the security and functionality of the equipment. Requests must be given at least 72 hours prior to the event. Priority is given to the person who has first requested the equipment.
Equipment that can be requested are:
- Portable sound system (speakers with stands)
- InFocus LCD projectors
- Windows 7-based laptop computers
- DVD-VCR players
- CD player
- Overhead transparency projectors
All equipment requests must have an AV Request Form.
- Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–6 p.m. (Full-time OIT staff are on duty during these hours)
After Hours Support
- Monday–Thursday: 6 p.m.–10 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
After-hours support encompasses delivery, pickup and limited support of AV equipment. In an effort to provide extended hours of support, OIT utilizes NDNU student employees during after-hours support periods. During these times, and subject to their availability, OIT student assistants will handle AV deliveries, pickups and limited support.