Major Enrollment Success Earns Notre Dame de Namur Prestigious Award
Belmont, Calif., July 17, 2013 — Notre Dame de Namur University has been selected to receive a 2013 Noel-Levitz Marketing and Recruitment Excellence Award for sustained excellence in marketing, recruitment and enrollment programs, services and strategies that have made a great impact on campus student enrollment.
The annual award is based on several factors including institutional outcomes and execution of strategies that promote student awareness, inquiry, application, admission, deposit and enrollment.
“I believe there are two reasons for our success: our ability to integrate our marketing, recruitment, financial aid and retention strategies and our attitude that every student matters,” said Dean of Enrollment Management Jason Murray.
NDNU’s Admissions team has worked hard to:
- Increase enrollment from 1,491 in fall 2007 to 2,011 in 2012
- Increase new student enrollment from 182 (116 first year, 66 transfer) in 2009 to 308 (183 first year, 125 transfer) in 2012
- Improve first-year academic profile:
- Increased average SAT score from 942 in 2010 to 971 in 2012
- Improved high school GPA from 2.84 in 2009 to 3.11 in 2012
- Increase net tuition revenue for new students by over 200 percent in five years while decreasing their discount rate by 4.5 percent
- Increase retention for first-year students from 72 percent in fall 2010 to 80 percent in fall 2012. Retention for the neediest students (Pell-eligible) increased from 69 to 84 percent during the same time frame.
NDNU was nominated by a member of the Noel-Levitz consulting team and then selected to be one of only three colleges and universities to receive this designation for 2013. The award will be presented at the 2013 National Conference on Student Recruitment, Marketing, and Retention in New Orleans this July.
Noel-Levitz is a recognized leader in higher education consulting and research. For 40 years, they have partnered with more than 2,800 campuses to optimize enrollment management and student success through experienced consultation, advanced analytic tools, and campus assessments.
Notre Dame de Namur University is an independent Catholic, coeducational institution serving 2000 students. Founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame of Namur, Belgium in 1851 and chartered by the state in 1868, NDNU maintains a strong commitment to social justice and community engagement. The University is fully accredited and offers 21 liberal arts and career preparation undergraduate programs, and 12 graduate degrees and four credentials. The 50-acre campus is located in Belmont, California, just south of San Francisco. For more information visit www.ndnu.edu.