International Students Office
The International Students Office at Notre Dame de Namur University provides important resources to our diverse population of international students.
The international student advisor (and DSO for SEVIS) works to assist students with many elements of their transition to life in the United States and at NDNU. Some of the services the International Students Office provides are:
- generating your I-20 once all necessary documents have been received;
- providing pre-arrival information for new international students;
- leading International Orientation/English Assessments for new students;
- assisting you with any questions related to your F-1 status or any updates or changes that need to be made to your I-20;
- helping you apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optical Practical Training (OPT);
- co-sponsoring programming, events, and forums with the International Students Club;
- assisting students who have a difficult time transitioning into American culture or who have initial difficulties with the U.S. education system;
- referring students to counseling services, if requested;
- disseminating important information pertaining to international student life.
If you are an international student and need assistance with any of these, or other topics, don’t hesitate to drop by or make an appointment!
Office Location and Hours*
The International Students Office is located in Campus Center, next to the Cafeteria/Commuter Lounge.
Monday—Friday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
*Drop-in appointments are always welcomed in the International Students Office. However, due to prescheduled meetings and other frequent scheduling changes, it is recommended that you contact Mario Mihelcic, international student advisor, to make an appointment when you need assistance.